Eight

"There's only one bed," Bucky says once you get to your hotel in Paris. "Yea no shit," you say as you set you bag down and collapse on the bed.

"You can sleep on the ground," you say to Bucky.

"Absolutely not. You can sleep on the ground," Bucky says. You shake your head. "I'm already on the bed," you say.

Bucky grabs your legs and pulls you off the bed. "Ow! Bucky that hurt," you pout.

"You're fine," Bucky say as he lays on the bed.

You grab his legs and try to pull him off. He doesn't budge. Instead, he chuckles when you pull his shoe off. "Thanks doll," he says.

You groan and lay on the bed away from him. "Aw you wanna share," you hear Bucky say.

"Fuck off," you say.

☽☽☽☽☽☽

The day of the gala arrived and you're stuck in the bathroom getting ready. You're fucking pissed Tony wouldn't let you wear a suit "Stupid sexist mother fucker," you mumble.

You even tried to get Bucky to change outfits with you. He just laughed at you. So, you're stuck with a god damn dress.

"Y/n! Are you almost ready?" Bucky asks as he softly knocks on the bathroom door.

"In a minute!" You shout back, obviously frustrated. You've been extremely emotional and you think you're PMSing. You look in the mirror and feel a lump in the throat.

At least your dress isn't too bad, but you don't like how you look in it. A suit would've been so much easier.

You can choose your favorite :)

This dress makes me look fat. My makeup looks like a toddler did it. I don't like my hair. This is how I have to look in public?

You swallow the lump in your throat and open the door, prepare yourself for Bucky to laugh when you walk out.

When you walk into the room he's in, he doesn't laugh. He stares at you in awe. "You look beautiful," he says.

And, you cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks as he walks over to you.

"I don't know," you sob as you fan your face with your hands.

Bucky wraps you in a hug. "It's okay," he says softly as he rubs your back. "Do you really think I look beautiful?" You ask once you calm down a bit.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, doll," Bucky says with a smile.

"Is my makeup messed up?" You ask.

"No it's not," Bucky says as he looks at you face.

"Waterproof mascara," you say with a small smile.

"We should get going," Bucky says. You nod and grab your coat before following him out.

You get to the gala and Bucky hands you your two rings Tony got you. Taking them from him, you slip them on before getting out of the car. Bucky bends his elbow and you loop your arm through his.

"Got your gun?" He whispers.

"Yep. Strapped to my thigh," you whisper.

"Good," he says before entering the ballroom.

The room is filled with people dressed formally. Bucky hands you a glass of champagne. You take it from him and take a sip.

"Do you see him?" He asks as he takes a sip of his champagne and then makes a weird face. "No," you giggle.

"Hey, I made you laugh," Bucky says.

"I still hate you," you say.

"I hate you too," Bucky says.

Music starts to play and couples make their way to the dance floor. Bucky drags you onto it with him. "What're you doing?" You ask.

"Blending in," Bucky says as he takes your hand in his metal one, and places his other one on your waist.

You put your free hand on his shoulder as you move to the music. You look around the room for your target, while Bucky keeps his eyes on you. "Stop looking around, it look suspicious," he says.

Turing your gaze to him, you find him staring intensely at you. "I'm looking for our target," you say.

"Mmm, we have all night for that. Let's try to have fun before then," Bucky says.

"Wow, Bucky Barnes knows how to have fun. I'm impressed," you say.

"We've had some fun before," he says with a wink.

"If you count me being in pain fun for you, then yea, I'm sure you had a blast," you bitterly say.

"Were you really in pain while we were having sex?" Bucky asks. You look at him before looking away. "No. You never physically hurt me. It was mentally. We would finish and then I would lay next to you and hear you talk about... her, for hours. And I wouldn't say anything. I just let you talk even though every time you mentioned how beautiful she is, or how much you loved her, it tore me apart."

"Y/n I'm sorry I never realized—"

"It's fine Bucky. You didn't know. Plus I'm dating Steve now and we hate each other," you say.

"I'm finding it hard to hate you when you look like this, doll," Bucky says. You make eye contact with him and see pure lust filling his eyes. "Bucky," you say softly.

He leans in slowly. "I'm dating Steve," you quietly say. Bucky nods his head as his lips brush against yours.

"We can't," you say.

"Mhm," Bucky hums.

"That's him," you say as you see your target leaving the room. Bucky pulls away from you and takes your hand in his as you follow your target.