Six

"What? Y/n are you okay?" Bucky asks.

"No dick fuck, I've been shot. I'm losing blood. I am very much not okay," you say.

"Just hold on. I'm heading your way," Bucky says.

"No!"

"No?"

"You have a shot at the target. Take it," you weakly say as more blood leaves your body.

"No."

"No?"

"Absolutely not. You're my partner, my first priority. The target can wait," Bucky says.

You want to protest, but you don't really have enough energy. "Plus Steve will kill me if I let you bleed out," he adds as he runs up to you.

He positions you so your back is against his chest and his legs are wrapped around you. He tears a piece of his under shirt off and presses it to your gun wound. You hiss in pain when he applies pressure.

"I know, doll, I know," he says.

"Bucky," you say weakly.

"I'm here, doll," he says as he calls Tony. "Hello, Tony? We need backup. Y/n got shot. Yea she's still awake. Yea I'll keep her talking. Hurry." He hangs up and turns his attention back to you.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Y/n."

"What's my full name?"

"James Buchanan Barnes. Bucky for short," you say with a smile as you look up at him. Tears build up in the corner of your eyes.

"How long have you been an avenger for?"

"Five years."

"How long have you known me?"

"Seven years. The Winter Soldier tried to kill me, but I managed to kick his ass pretty good," you joke and Bucky chuckles as tears of his own glisten over his eyes. "You're crying," you observe, "are you worried about me?"

"Of course I am. I care about you, you're my friend. I don't want you to die," Bucky says.

"I don't wanna be you friend," you say. Bucky closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I know I was a dick to you y/n. I'm sorry. I really am. I had no idea how you felt and how much I was hurting you. I consider you my friend, even if you don't consider me yours," he says.

"I wanna be more then friends," you say. Bucky's eyes widen. "W-what?"

"I wanna be more then friends. I wanna hold your hand and kiss you. But you don't want that. You don't love me," you say as tears fall down the sides of your face.

"Y/n I... I do lo—"

"Y/n!" Steve shouts as he runs up to you and Bucky. He kneels besides you and Bucky helps Steve get you into his lap. Steve's hand replaces Bucky's on your wound.

"Stevie," you smile up at him.

"Hi sweetheart. How ya feeling?" Steve asks.

"I've been better. I've been worse," you say.

"We're gonna get you back to the compound, and fix you up. Okay?"

"Okay."

☽☽☽☽☽☽

The next few days were excruciating. Bruce banned you from training. You were just shot. You didn't even black out or anything. Sure blood was lost, but you're fine now.

Steve won't even sleep in the same bed as you cause he's scared he'll yet you. And to say your pissed off about this whole situation is an understatement. And to add onto that, your little red friend named period decided to surprise you this morning.

"Steve, I promise I won't get hurt if you kiss me," you say with puppy dog eyes.

Steve rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. You groan and lay your head down on the kitchen counter. "You alright?" Sam asks as he walks in.

"No. Steve won't even kiss me," you say.

"Uh oh. Y/n's horny," Sam says.

"Fuck off," you grumble as you flip him off. He chuckles as he grabs an apple. "Just go knock on Bucky's door. I'm sure he'd love to have his fuck buddy back," Sam says pretty loudly and you glare at him before throwing a banana at his head.

"Ow! What the hell?"

"Keep your goddamn voice down," you hiss.

"Right sorry. My bad. I'm just saying though. He wouldn't turn you down," Sam says with a shrug before walking away.

He doesn't mean that. Bucky doesn't feel that way about me.

Your memory switches to when you got shot. Bucky was with you. And what he said before Steve interrupted him.

"Y/n I... I do lo—"

Was he about to say he loves you? Maybe he was just gonna say 'I do loath you.' Or 'I do look up things in the dictionary.' Who fucking knows what he was gonna say?

He couldn't have the same feelings as you. That would mean you ended your relationship for nothing. That you're dating Steve while your in love with another man who's in love with you. But he's not. So it's fine.

Right?