Fourteen

You stand in the room alone. Natasha, Wanda, Sharon, Pepper, and Hope wanted to be with you, but you reassured them you would be fine by yourself. Honestly, you just want a few moments of silence. You smooth your dress out and look at it in the mirror.

You can choose your favorite:)

The door opens and Bucky walks in. You turn around and softly smile when you see him. "What do ya think?" You ask.

"You look... absolutely breathtaking," Bucky says with a sigh. "Steve's a lucky guy."

"Thank you Bucky," you say. Bucky drops his head and walks closer to you. "What? What's wrong?" You ask. Bucky looks up at you with tears in his eyes. You grabs the sides of his face with you hands softly.

Bucky kisses your palm. "Bucky what's wrong?" You ask.

"I'm so sorry y/n," he says.

"For what?" You ask.

"I saw Steve kissing another girl," Bucky says softly. Your hands fall from his face. Bucky grabs them and intertwines his fingers with yours. "I'm so sorry, I know what it feels like getting cheated on," he says.

"Do you have proof?" You ask. Bucky grabs his phone and pulls up a picture of Steve kissing a girl that isn't you. "Oh," you say softly.

"Don't marry him. Not after this," Bucky says.

"What am I supposed to do then?" You ask. He drops your hands and frames your face with his hands. "Run away with me," he says.

"What?"

"Let's leave right now. Let's leave it all behind. The avengers, the compound, everything. Let's be together," Bucky says, "I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

You smile and kiss him. "Let's do it. Let's go before they come looking for me," you say. Bucky takes your hand in his before running out of the room. You're grateful that you managed to persuade Natasha to let you wear vans instead of heels.

Bucky opens the passenger door of his car for you. He closes it once your in. He looks over and makes eye contact with Tony. Tony smiles and waves. "Have fun!" He yells. Open the door and motion him to come over to you. He does.

"Tell Steve that I'm not sorry," you say. Tony's eyes widen. "He cheated on me Tony. I was about to marry an unfaithful man," you say.

"So you're getting back at him, by running off his with best friend?" Tony asks. "Nice."

"No, well, yes I'm running off with his best friend, but it's because I love Bucky. Not because I wanna get back at Steve. It's always been Bucky," you say.

"Well, if you're happy, I'm happy. And I'm probably gonna go punch Steve for cheating on you," Tony says.

"I don't know where Bucky and I are going, or when I'm gonna see you again," you say.

Tony squats down and hugs you. "Thank you for everything Tony. Truly," you say.

"Of course sweetie. Have fun, live a happy life. Get out of the avengers while you can. But also come visit," Tony says.

"I will," you say with tears in your eyes. Tony waves at Bucky before the two of you drive off.

Tony walks back to the reception. Clint stands there and chuckles. "I had a feeling there was always something between those two," Clint says.

☽☽☽☽☽☽

"Welp, the brides run off with the best man," Scott says as he takes a sip of his beer. "What?" Steve asks. Scott looks at him confused. "What? You didn't know. Oh no, I'm so sorry, I thought you knew," Scott says.

"No I didn't know," Steve says with sadness in his voice.

"That's what you get for cheating," Tony says as he approaches Steve. "What?" Steve asks.

Tony doesn't respond, he just punches Steve. "I didn't think she'd find out," Steve groans. Tony chuckles before kicking Steve over

☽☽☽☽☽☽

You and Bucky sit in a hotel room by the airport. "Still think we should go to Paris," you say as you look at the globe he bought in the gift shop.

Bucky chuckles as he shakes his head. "I think we should go to Romania," he says. You smile as he sits down on the loveseat. "Fine, how about, Paris, then Romania," you say.

"Deal," Bucky says with a nod and you giggle. He's the one.

All this time, it's always been Bucky. He may have been the one who broke you apart piece by piece, but he's also the one who glued you back together.

Bucky holds his arms out to you. "Come sit on my lap," he says. You stand up and walks over to him to sit on his lap. "Can I tell you a secret?" You ask.

"What?" Bucky asks in a playful tone.

"I picked this dress because I thought you would like it," you confess, holding up a bit of your wedding dress before letting it fall. Bucky smiles widely at you. "Can I tell you a secret?" He asks as he runs his hand over your thigh.

"What," you ask in the same playful tone he used.

"I think we should get married," he says. You eyes widen. "What?" You ask.

"I wanna marry you. Today. Right now," he says.

"Okay. Let's do it."