Five

You and Steve have been dating for about a month now. Bucky has been avoiding you. At first it was annoying, but you found out that it's for the best.

Natasha is happy for you. She thinks you and Steve are a perfect couple. You're happy with him and he's happy with you. You've finally moved on and got a fresh start.

So why is Bucky still in the back of your mind.

Every now and then, he'll make his way to the front of your brain. Usually when that happens, he'll stay there all day and it's annoying.

And now, Tony's sending you on a mission with him. As if everything couldn't get worse, it's just you and him.

"You ready?" Bucky asks once he walks into the garage. "Just waiting on you," you say.

He tosses you a helmet as he puts his on. He gets on his motorcycle and motions for you to get on behind him. You do.

"Hold on tight," he mumbles, but you manage to catch it.

Hesitantly, you wrap your arms around his waist and slide closer to him. You hear Bucky inhale deeply before the loud drum of his motorcycle blocks any noise out.

The ride to your mission seemed like it took days, when in reality, it was only an hour. Maybe the fact that you had to go with Bucky is what made it seem so awful.

You tried to trade Bucky for Steve or Natasha, but Tony told you no. Then you tried to switch with Sam, but he told you no. So yea, you're stuck with Bucky.

Bucky shuts his motorcycle off and you get off. He takes your helmet from you and sets it next to his.

The two of you head into the abandoned warehouse were your targets are. You're about to walk in a room, but Bucky grabs your waist and pulls you so your back is pressed against his chest. His hands are gripping your waist tightly and his lips brush against your ear.

A chill travels up your spine when you hear, and feel him whisper, "wait, doll."

He removes one of his hands and points ahead at a group of agents. "If I let you continue walking, they would've seen us and this mission would be over. And not in a good way for us," he whispers. You merely nod your head.

Bucky let's go of you, but still stays presses up against you. He takes his rights hand and slides it up your thigh. Barely making any contact, but it's enough to make you want to melt in a puddle at his feet. It's enough to make you wanna turn around and kiss him.

"We should find another way in," you say with a shaky breath, which makes your face grow hot with embarrassment. Bucky nods and hums in agreement. "So let's do that," he says and takes your hand in his as you walk away from your spot.

Once you find another way in, you suggest splitting up. "Why?" Bucky asks.

"So we can approach are main target from two angles and make it harder for them to escape," you say.

No it's because I wanna get away from you.

"Okay fine, but if you get hurt—"

"I know, I know, it'll be on me," you say and start walking away from Bucky.

You successfully took down several agents. Kicks and punches flew in the air, you hit and shot and kicked.

Every agents that went down, you got closer to your target. "What's your status?" Bucky asks.

"Eyes on target. Should I take the shot?" You ask.

"No! Wait," Bucky says.

Then, a gun goes off, and it wasn't from you. A sharp pain exploded in your side as you fall over. "Y/n, what did I just say?" Bucky asks, thinking you were the one who fired the gun.

You look over at the man who shot you. He starts walking towards you, and you use all the strength in your arm to throw a knife at him. It hits him in the throat and he falls to the ground. Blood pooling from his throat onto the ground.

"I've been shot," you say.