Under (Taehyung + OT7) p.1

cw: drowning, trauma response

____________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's POV.

"Ok boys! For the last scene, I need to have Namjoon running in from that side and Jungkook sitting right over here. Any questions?"

They had driven all the way from Seoul to Jujeon Beach in Ulsan, and Taehyung had been over excited at the prospect of shooting in front of the sea. Some of his hyungs weren't big fans of swimming, but they were almost done filming the latest MV and the staff had promised them that they would be done early enough to enjoy some personal time on location. Jimin and Jungkook had been pretty happy  when they heard that they would see the ocean today, they both missed Busan's beach and the sight of water reminded them of home. On the other hand, Yoongi had already told him that there was no way he could be convinced to go swimming. Namjoon hadn't looked too convinced either and had brought a book along in case he decided to sit it out alongside his hyung. Taehyung had been happy to see Jin and Hobi challenge him to a water pistol fight later on. The five long hours he spent in the car would be worth it all, and despite the fact he was getting a bit tired from the day's activities, the singer knew he could count on the members to create some precious memories for them all to enjoy. So he stood out of the cameraman's way, watching as they shot the final scene of the day.

The beach is beautiful. It was a windy day and the sound of the waves rocked him as he looked at the horizon. His feet were buried in the soft black pebbles that boarded the ocean and he found himself smiling while he waited for Namjoon and Jungkook to be done with their part. They had been there for hours and he still couldn't get over the many colours that he could distinguish in the water. The whole thing looked like a painting and the breeze brought fresh, salty air to his face, brushing a curl out of the way as it blew. So peaceful. Yoongi walked up to him, having decided to join him, sitting together in silence on the gravel. They exchanged a content look and stared back at the sea. Yes, he felt truly serene. He could taste the saltwater on his lips and he couldn't help but think that they needed to get out of Seoul more often. While Taehyung loved his job, it's moments like these that reminded him of how beautiful the world was, and for once he could tell that he was 100% in the present.

Time passed and he stayed there, not a thing on his mind but the scenery that occupied all of his senses. Beside him, he could see Yoongi writing something in his notepad, most likely lyrics. Such a genius. The sun wasn't too warm on his face and he didn't really realise that he had closed his eyes until he made out through his eyelids the shadow of Jimin making its way towards him, blocking the sunlight from his face.

"Hey! What are you up to?"

"Just enjoying the view," he replied. Simple, perfect.

"It's really pretty, isn't it?" Jimin beamed at him. "They're done shooting, do you still want to swim?"

"Already? Nice! Yes!"

"Jin-hyung is getting the sandwiches ready and then we can put on some more sunscreen and swim until it gets dark! What do you think?"

Taehyung's smile faltered a little. He didn't want to eat at the moment -he wasn't even hungry. And he knew that if he agreed to eat something his hyungs would make sure that he waited at least half an hour before going in the water, and he really wanted to swim now. He pushed his hair out of his face as it stuck to his forehead and stood up to meet Jimin.

"I'm not really hungry yet... I think I'll eat something a bit later."

"Don't worry, there'll be some food left! Hyung made enough to feed a whole classroom!" he giggled. Cute. "Hyungie, are you coming too?"