Doll, p. I (Jimin)

Requested sequel to Crowded (chapter 3)

tw: non-con elements, violence

________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's POV.

Long gone is the bubblegum pink hair that he used to love, and he's had many hairstyles since. His memories of his pastel bangs have started to fade a little, and the dark turquoise that he's currently sporting indicates that he's not thinking of going pink again anytime soon. It was hard to maintain, it required bleach, and it left him with bad memories. Everytime Jimin travelled through an airport, he made sure to stay in the middle of his friend group -he learned from his mistake. But memories fade and so does his anxiety, and by the time 2020 comes, it's been a year and he is fully comfortable going out on his own again. The mark on his neck has disappeared along with any concern of a strange man stalking him.

February means that he's travelling with the boys again, as they slowly get ready with the promotion interviews that come with the release of Map of the Soul: 7 and its following tour. The covid cases are on the rise in Asia, but if they're lucky it probably won't last too long and everything will go as planned. They've got so much to show the world before going on a break and enlisting. Jimin is staying at yet another hotel tonight, and he's happy to have the room to himself when they finally get here. It's a basic room with a double bed and a bathroom next to the doorway, it's small and it feels cosy. The silence of it is quite nice. They have a big team working with them because of the press and the many things to work out whenever they're abroad and Jimin doesn't remember the name of the hotel he's staying at -not that it matters. He only knows that he's in the States, that he's jetlagged and that he needs a nap.

When he wakes up again, it's around 21:40 and he feels groggy. He realises that he fell asleep with his contacts on, and he groans as he slowly gets up to remove them. Jimin grabs the little case from his bag and immediately flops back onto the bed once he's done. With his glasses sitting low on his nose and his phone in hand, he scrolls through his notifications, reading the 9 missed messages he was sent. The first four are from Jungkook, who tells him in detail that he won't be coming by tonight since he's planning a night out with Hoseok and Yoongi. The five other messages, on the other hand, are from Taehyung.

"jiminie" reads the first text.

"so bored rn, can I come over??"

"jimin-ah? are you asleep rn? jimin-aaaaah ㅠ.ㅠ "

"you're really sleeping at this hour??"

"boring -_-"

Jimin laughs at the dramatic messages. He simply sends a little "hi" back and sees how fast Taehyung clicks on the notification as he starts typing right away. He laughs when his soulmate gets all excited at the prospect of hanging out. Jimin rolls onto his stomach, resting on his elbow to text his friend. He giggles every once in a while, cracking his eyes open to see what the younger singer sends him. But then he sees the time again and he realises that he really should take a shower before it gets even later. So he closes the app and drops his phone on the bed as he makes his way to the bathroom.

Jimin puts his towel and his change of clothes on the counter before undressing and gently setting his glasses aside. He washes his face and brushes his hair before stepping into the shower. The hot water running down his back feels heavenly and he lets it wash away the tension he built up during the week. He takes his time. With a content sigh, Jimin grabs the shampoo from the shelf and massages his scalp thoroughly. When he washes it off, he lets himself zone out a little: right now, there's nothing else in the whole universe but water against his skin. It feels good. His dark blue curls are a little dry these days and he decides on a hair mask, picking the bottle and holding it close to his face to make sure that he's got the right one. While he lets it hydrate his hair, he washes his body with soap. A few minutes later, he rinses everything out and steps over the door frame to grab his towel. All done.