Shoes (Yoongi)

CW: homophobia

________________________________________________________________________________

Yoongi's POV.

Another day, another busy schedule for Bangtan. Yoongi, just like the others, is getting ready for yet another practice of Dynamite in the midst of finishing the next album. BE is almost ready to release and there's just so many things to do, so he's thankful for the staff assisting them in their daily routine. No one would have thought that they'd be so busy when their whole comeback had basically been cancelled thanks to Covid, so in a way, Yoongi supposes that he should be grateful to be so booked. But it also sucks. He's tired and his legs are aching, his throat hurts from recording and recording again... sometimes it seems like it never ends

They walk down the corridor, finally heading to the dance studio. In front of him, Taehyung and Seokijn are running around and pushing each other for god knows what reason. Jungkook and Jimin are still half asleep a little behind them, and Hoseok is pretty quiet next to him. Namjoon is the only other member who seems ready to face the day... And Yoongi just wishes he had grabbed coffee at the dorm before heading to practice.

"It's too early for this... someone get me an Americano..."

"On it!" suddenly suggests Hobi. "I could use one too..."

"Oh! Don't worry!" replies a member of their staff. "I can get you all drinks, you should head to practice!"

"Oh, that's nice of you, but I need the bathroom anyways... I've got it, thanks though!"

And with that, Hoseok leaves his side and Yoongi is left a little hopeful. Caffeine should help him get through the day. He really has nothing against Dynamite, but practising it so often because of the many different stage sizes has got him dreaming about the song and he wishes he could catch a break. Hobi comes back ten minutes later with coffees for everyone and a grin on his face, and his enthusiasm is contagious. The general mood changes to energised pretty quickly and before they know it, they're all dancing as if rent was due. They alternate between giving it their all and joking around, and Yoongi can't help but crack a smile at the boys' antics.

When a 5 minutes break is announced, the rapper lets himself fall to the floor dramatically, landing next to a giggling Jimin who has just done the same. It's a weird morning. They're all pretty sleep-deprived, and that leaves them a little childish and easily distracted. So Yoongi crawls to his coffee, making the maknae and his hyung laugh at the process, and gulps down every last drop of it. Break is done before he knows it, and a discouraged-but-not-actually-annoyed leader helps raise him to his feet before they get in position. More staff members join them to take pictures and notes on the little changes made to the choreography. Yoongi and the others are pretty used to it, to the point where their crew's presence almost goes unnoticed -at the very least it doesn't stop them from pulling pranks and jokes at the most random of times. But the members get back to business and dance seriously before long, they too wish to get this over with.

This time, the stage will be smaller, so they need to make a few adjustments to the positions and travelling, but overall today's practice is fairly easy in terms of difficulty. That's why it takes forever before a second break is called, and Yoongi sighs in relief when they're finally allowed to rest. His eyes fall on his empty coffee cup and he pouts, realising that he's got nothing to drink, before a staff member calls him over and hands him water. He's thankful for the help and grabs it from her hand, gulping it down in one go. The aftertaste has him grimacing, but he brushes it off as the poor quality of the paper cup he was given and hides his reaction to avoid offending her. He bows slightly before walking back to Taehyung who's showing the others pictures of Yeontan. Cute.