Karma? (Hoseok)

Hoseok's POV.

Yoongi just had to be right. They hardly ever argued, but whenever they did, the older rapper just couldn't handle not having the last word, and it drove Hoseok mad. So of course, today, when he called Yoongi over in his studio to ask for some advice, their disagreement over a chorus couldn't just end in a disagreement. They had been in a good mood so far, working for about seven hours until then. Yoongi had offered to drive them both to the company later that night, he had paid for their coffees... everything was going well. And then Hoseok made the mistake of saying that Yoongi's lyrics didn't quite fit the beat he had in mind. So he asked him for advice on how to change the last line of the chorus, and the thing is, Hoseok didn't expect him to flat out refuse to change any word of the stupid song. He didn't know that the words were meaningful to him, and he called it cliché and expressed how much of a bother it was trying to work around the original text... Of course, Yoongi jumped at the opportunity to tell him to write his own lyrics, to leave alone his work if he was too narrow-minded of an artist to know how to work with it. And oh- Hoseok saw red. From that insult their replies only got meaner and meaner, slowly losing track of the matter at hand and drifting towards personal attacks as they went on. It wasn't long before Yoongi ran out of things to say, though. Despite normally having the last word, the rapper was oddly silent.

"Cat got your tongue?" Hoseok asked him, slowly turning around to sit back at his computer and scoffing at Yoongi.

"Hoba... D-don't you think you're taking this too far?"

"Too far? You're mad because of a fucking rhyme!"

"It's not just a rhyme!" countered Yoongi.

"It is though!" Hoseok shouted back. "Now you're trying to make me look like I'm too lazy or stupid to do the work- all because of your feelings? I've been in this industry for years! And you know what? No one cares about how anxious or happy or depressed you actually are- I know when it's worth keeping the OG text and when it isn't!"

"Yeah. Maybe you do! Musically speaking, I'm glad it's working out for you! It was working so well that you needed my advice! And for what? For what, Hoseok? You don't even give a shit if the lyrics mean something to me!" Yoongi's hands were starting to shake, they had never gotten this far. "Maybe if you weren't so busy being such a great idol you'd be a better friend!"

"Hyung!"

"-What? It's true, no one wants a friend like that! I bet Jiminie's your roommate just 'cause he has to-"

"Get out-"

"What? Did I hit a-"

"GET OUT." he shouts at Yoongi, finally turning to face him.

"Fine! Don't bother looking for me tonight! You can walk home, I don't care!"

The door falls shut with a loud bang as Yoongi leaves. Hoseok groans at the sudden silence, his tears finally spilling and rolling down his cheek as he thinks back to the hurtful things they've both said. It takes a while for his breathing to go back to normal, his pressure high. He should have taken a break, maybe then he would have had the clarity not to push Yoongi into saying stuff that he will regret. Because Hoseok does regret dismissing him, he really does- but he also feels the sting of Yoongi's words. Heavy in his tired mind, the insult echoes and it brings out his insecurities. He did hit a nerve. He always tries his best for others, acting selflessly and putting on a facade to please and prioritise others now at all times. He never feels like it's enough, like he's deserving... his overthinking brain has him convinced that everyone around him just puts up with him, and Yoongi knows that because he's told him. Hoseok always wants to be the best friend possible for everyone around him, and being called insensitive really does hurt him. Even if I deserved it. For the rest of the evening, Hoseok picks a whole different song to work on.