S'too hot (Jimin)

Jimin's POV.

This is going to be a long day. They've just gotten dressed for shooting a few scenes of their next MV today, and the location that they chose is the beautiful dunes on Daecheongdo. Really, Jimin has been excited about today for weeks, but now that they've finally arrived, he isn't so sure. Shooting music videos in advance always means wearing summer clothes in the winter time or, in this case, wearing a thick layer of wool on top of an even ticker shirt -in the blazing heat of july. He looks great in it, of course he does, and he's also not the only one working in these conditions... so he tries not to worry too much about the heat wave warning that has been ongoing since yesterday.

But while Jimin isn't alone, it seems that he's the member with the warmest outfit and it doesn't hit him until they get on location and he sees Taehyung running around in the sand. Isn't he exhausted? Seokjin joins him in whatever joke they're filming for a Bangtan Bombs, Jimin doesn't find it in himself to even get up. They just finished marking their moves and transitions and he already wants to go home. But he knows that he can't stay down for too long, otherwise the members might notice. He's too proud to say anything. Everyone works so hard, just suck it up. Jimin gets up with a sigh.

He excuses himself to go to the bathroom, hoping that the AC will be working in the small trailer that they rented. Once again he sighs as he realises that it is, in fact, not the case. The water that they've been given for the day used to be a bottle filled with ice, but it has all melted. He tries to put some water down in his neck with a paper towel but it's lukewarm at best. He's careful, he can't mess up his makeup or his outfit just before they're finally ready to film. Surely the others will want to go back to the hotel as soon as possible. Jimin jumps when Yoongi enters the trailer.

"There you are!"

"Hyung! You scared me...", he laughs nervously.

"Are you ok? You look like I caught you stealing or something!"

"No, no... I'm fine, just didn't expect anyone here. Are we ready to start?"

"Yeah... I was hoping to catch some AC before we get going but seems like life said "nope!"" jokes Yoongi. "Come on, don't Jimin today!"

The dancer lets himself get dragged out of the trailer. Yoongi is right, he thinks. They really can't be late today. But the second they step out, he's hit by the scorching sun rays and he hears his hyung groan on cue. He sees Jungkook going over the moves with Hoseok and Namjoon trying to gather the rest of them. They put down their bottles under a parasol and get ready. The first scene is a closeup of Jimin, who just so happens to have the first verse, as well as the most lines in the song. He gets in position, turning around and dancing with a mysterious expression. or , at least, what he hopes to be one.

"Jimin-sshi, can we try that again? I want to try a closeup on your footwork and then a larger angle!"

"OK!"

They need a few takes before Jimin and the director are both satisfied, but they finally get there. He knows it's "the one" when he sees Hoseok clapping from the side and he lets himself fall on his back dramatically, laughing in relief when hears "cut!". He hides behind the exaggerated reaction but in reality he's really ready to drop. The heat is getting to him and he knows that his back must be glistening with sweat under the wool. He sits back up with difficulty but he knows better than to show it, and it's not too long before a noona is on him to fix his hair and makeup. He's almost thankful for the heavy foundation, because he feels his cheeks burning and he can only imagine how red his skin must actually be.

The next segment is going to be filmed in one take, all two verses and the chorus leading to the bridge. It's going to be the hardest part without a doubt, but he's willing to give it his all. Army deserves the best performance. Jimin gets in position behind Namjoon, next to Jungkook. They go over it once without the music to make sure that everything looks perfect. It turns out that Yoongi and Namjoon crossing paths poses a challenge as they keep bumping into each other, so they cannot move forward with filming quite yet.