Does it hurt? (Jin & Jungkook)

tw: blood, vomit, graphic depiction of injury

cw: talk about death as a theme, natural disasters and trauma responses

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's POV.

It's a quiet afternoon for the maknae. The schedule called for all of them to have a costume fitting at the company after long hours of rehearsals, but Jin's and his aren't ready and he gets to stay behind and rest for once. Jungkook played a few games on his computer, even finished a load of laundry he'd been putting off for a while, and now he thinks he might just nap. He can faintly hear the sound of the tv running in the background as his oldest hyung watches his favourite reality show. The noise is comforting and lulling him to let go slowly. He falls asleep with a smile.

He doesn't know how much time has passed when he sits with a jump upon hearing what sounds like a large vehicle outside. The noise is strange and Jungkook is half-asleep so he frowns. What time is it? He can hear his hyung laughing in the living room when he realises that the noise isn't going away. It's like a train is approaching them at full speed, but he knows there are no trains nearby. The youngest member is still sitting at the edge of his bed when a loud detonation is heard through the neighbourhood. He barely has any time to react and then everything is shaking. He's up and dashing towards his hyung before he processes that it's an earthquake.

"Hyung-"

"-Jungkook-ah! Earthquake! Where are you?!"

The maknae remembers how strong the earthquakes were in Japan the last time they visited and how thankful he was that Seoul rarely gets anything even close to what they had experienced. However, today, the ground is shaking under him and shaking the whole dorm with it. The way to the living room has never felt so long, but that's probably because it's never been so hard to reach. Books and other random items keep falling from their shelves, frames throw themselves off the walls and shatter on the floor across the room. It's been more than 5 seconds and everything is still moving. He really just needs to get to Seokjin and get cover, this is the strongest one he's ever seen and it doesn't feel safe at all. He slips on the wooden floor as he runs down the corridor towards his hyung, finally reaching the doorway.

"Hyung!"

"Oh my- Jungkook-ah, you're ok! We should-"

"-HYUNG, WATCH O-!"

**time skip**

Dust. It's the first thing that Jungkook is met with. It's on his tongue, and blocking his nostrils -and when he tries to breathe it's burning down his throat with every cough. He opens his eyes to find that they're covered in it too. Not that it matters, his whole face is. When he finally manages to see something, it's grey and he can't make out what it is for a solid few seconds. Soon enough, he realises that he never moved from the living room of what used to be the dorm, and he cries out. This wasn't supposed to happen.

His forearms are red and grey, thick blood and debris coating his usual golden skin. He doesn't remember laying down or most likely falling, but it's clear from his position that either of these happened. He reaches for his phone in his pocket and finds that the screen is badly damaged. He can't click on the home button or access any of its functions because of it. What now? Jungkook is alone and barefoot, he doesn't even dare to look at what he knows to be deep cuts. Everything stings and burns and he can't breathe without feeling like he's turning into ashes.

He forces himself up on all fours. Jungkook is dizzy and in pain, but a thought won't leave him alone and it's eating him up inside. He remembers being a few metres away from his hyung. He vividly remembers calling out for him before... nothing. And Jungkook is terrified. He's scared to death because what if it's too late? If that's the case, does he really want to see his hyung's body like that? But if it's not, what if- what if he leaves him to die because he was too much of a coward to face the possibility. No, he needs to move. He needs to find him. Seokjin-hyung, where are you?