They can't know (Taehyung)

Jungkook's POV.

Coming back to work after a break is always hard. Touring is done and the fans have great expectations for the next projects, and that also means that recording, producing and learning new choreographies take up 80% of your time. Contrary to popular belief, the whole process keeps them as busy as a few days before a comeback does. Jungkook, for once, has actually managed to rest during their break and feels ready to hit the studio for days on end. But the maknae knows that it isn't the case of some of his hyungs, who haven't strayed too far from the company -even during their time off. He's not worried for them -they're professionals after all, but he does keep it in mind to make sure that no one pushes themselves too far. Or, at least, he intends to -until the schedule gets crazier and he forgets.

He doesn't think much of it when half the group is impossible to wake up one morning after a late night in. Yoongi is normally the first up, sure, but his many coffees hadn't allowed to sleep much the previous night so the rapper was still sound asleep when Jungkook finally woke up. As for Namjoon, he had been caught up in a call with their management until the early morning. Jimin had obviously stayed up to work out or practise, and Jungkook assumed that Taehyung might have tagged along because his fellow 95 liner was still deeply sleeping beside him. I wish I could let them sleep in... The youngest shared a sympathetic look to Hoseok before waking up the rest of the members. They already felt pretty tired, but it wasn't anything unusual at this point. Their definition of normal would seem pretty insane to an outsider, but Bangtan has been in the industry for so long that they don't know any different.

The ride to the company is spent in silence. Taehyung has gone straight back to sleep on his seat, head resting on Seokjin who's petting his hair gently. They end up shaking him awake when the van finally comes to a stop in the underground parking. The first thing on the schedule is some group vocal recording for the ad-libs of their main track. Jungkook feels bad for the second youngest, who ends up singing the same part again and again with apparent frustration. He tries to back hug him when he finally comes out of the booth and Jin takes his place, but Taehyung just seems distracted. He ends up excusing himself to go to the bathroom and, once again, Jungkook doesn't think about it twice.

"Ya, Jimin-ssi, why did you keep Tae-hyungie up, he's all tired because of your little nocturnal soulmate adventures!" he teases the older dancer.

"Taetae? I didn't keep him up, I went to bed before he even got home! Remember? I told you I was exhausted after running... I don't know when he crashed in our room but he just said that it was too cold in his bed or something... not my fault he looks like a zombie!"

"Don't we all, though?" suddenly adds Yoongi. " I know I feel like one..."

And, just like, concern for the young member goes forgotten once more. When Taehyung does come back into the room, he looks refreshed and they wrap up the last lines before heading to the dance studio. The afternoon ends up being really productive and Jungkook is impressed at how fast they master the new part of the choreo. The general mood is so good that they decide to stay for a little longer to practice and when they finally get back to the dorm, the sun has already gone down. After an expensive delivery bill and a dozen empty plates, the members all head their separate way to wash up, train, relax or work. Jungkook, for one, heads up to their local gym, joined by Namjoon and Jimin. It is quite late when they come back.

When lunch comes the following day, the dorm is already buzzing with life as the oldest members argue on who gets to shower first. The maknae cracks his eyes open to look at the time and groans. Jimin beside him has thrown a pillow over his own head in an effort to drown the noise, and Jungkook definitely considers doing the same. His eyes are burning with fatigue and the ghost of a hangover, and maybe drinking soju with Jimin until the birds started singing outside wasn't the greatest idea. The pair had ended up bumping into Taehyung, who was getting ready for a solo photoshoot under the sunrise. They had wished him luck on his project and had headed straight to bed. Jungkook is actually surprised that his hyung still isn't home. Taehyung has a long day ahead of him: they are booked for a group interview that afternoon. The texts that Jungkook sends him go unanswered, and soon enough the members just end up getting ready to meet him there.