Chapter 5

January 20th, 2022

3RD PERSON

Last week has been going amazing for Rhianna and Sofia. Well, at least in school. They got even closer to the girls that they met, Phoebe and Sara.

"Hey, do you guys think you could come at our house on the Friday? We asked our dad, he said we can have a sleepover." Phoebe asked, making Rhianna and Sofia look at each other.

It's something they always dreamed of. Having friends and then having sleepover.

But they knew it's impossible. Their mom is working the afternoon shift this week, and besides that, Joseph would never let them.

"Uh, I don't think we can. Our mom is working afternoon shift and we have to take care of our brother. He's 5."
"It's okay, he can come too. Our brother is 6 years old. Maybe they make best friends like we do?" Phoebe said, gripping on the strings of her backpack.

"Ugh, I don't know, we'll have to ask our mom."
"Okay. Just text me if you can. Or you can tell us tomorrow in school. Doesn't matter."
"Okay. We'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye!"

Sofia and Rhianna picked up Denton from his daycare and started making their way to their mom's job. Today, they got a little late out of school because teachers had a meeting. So that means they would be a little later at their mom's shop than usual.

Once they made it to the store that their mom is working at, they entered it with smiles on their face.

It was until they saw Phoebe, Sara, a little boy and probably their dad in the shop.

"Hey guys."
"H-Hey mom."
"Oh my God, hi!" Phoebe and Sara got a little too excited to see their friends again.

"You guys know each other?" Sasha asked as she looked between four girls.

"Y-yeah. These are our friends from school, Phoebe and Sara."
"Ohh, I didn't know that."

Rhianna and Sofia weren't ashamed of their mom. But they thought, since Mitchell girls are kind of rich, that they would ditch them.

"This is your mom?" Phoebe asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah."
"Oh my God, that's great! Now that we are all here, can they please come for a sleepover at our house tomorrow? He can come too, because he will have company. Oh, and, I'm Phoebe by the way."
"And I'm Sara, this is our dad, Jaden, and our brother Connor."
"So I met your dad and I didn't even know it. I'm Sasha." She shook her hand with Jaden, before looking over at her kids.

"I don't know about the sleepover, I'll have to talk to their dad first." She said with the smile on her face, before looking back at her kids' new friends.

"It's really not a problem for three of them to stay over for the night and have some fun. I'm sure Connor and his little friend will get along. There's enough room for everyone." Jaden explained, his hands running over Denton's head as he looked up at the older man.

"I'm Denton."
"That name suits you very well." Jaden smiled before he looked back up.

"Well, it was pleasure meeting all of you finally, but now we should head home because we're making a crowd here." Jaden said, shaking Sasha's hand again, before saying bye to everyone and leaving the store.

"They really invited you guys?"
"Yeah."
"That's amazing! You guys can go." Sasha smiled, hugging her kids.
"But dad-"
"Don't worry about him. He's gonna let you guys go, I promise." Sasha was ready to sacrifice herself, so hew kids would finally have some fun. And she already knew what exactly she will have to do when kids are gone, but she was ready for it.

They discussed a little with their mom, before getting ready and going to their home, where Joseph was already probably waiting for them.

——

"Hello dad."
"You bastards are late home today."
"Yes, they had a meeting in school so they kept us in for a little longer than usual."
"You know, I won't punish you now, because I'm having a great time. You wanna know why?"
"Yes."
"I got some money. 6 thousands of dollars."
"That's a lot."
"Yes. I bought myself my living supplies. And a new phone."
"O-oh. What happened to old one?" He got it four months ago.
"I threw it in trash. I don't need that shit." Girls sighed, giving a little look behind them at the shoes before going back to their rooms.

"I hate him. I hate him. I hate him." Rhianna talked through gritted teeth, pulling on her hair.

"That fucking bastard!"
"Ri, calm down. Calm down." Sofia cupped Rhianna's face, making her slap Sofia's hands away.

Sofia's eyes filled with tears and she walked few steps back.

"I-I'm sorry- I- I didn't mean to-"
"Den, let's go to wash your hands." Sofia took Denton out of the room, closing doors behind her.

Rhianna pressed her back against the wall and sat down on the floor as she broke down, sobbing.

She couldn't believe she just hit her sister. When she even didn't do anything bad.

It might seem a little dramatic from Sofia, because siblings always have fights and sometimes hit each other. But there was no fight. And they all get so scared when people raise their hands at them. It's something they got from earliest years of their life. Because of their dad. And they promised they would never hit each other. Ever.

And now Rhianna did it.

——

For the rest of the day, Sofia avoided Rhianna at all costs, except when they were at the dining table.

"Denton, come here." Their father ordered, while Rhianna was doing the laundry and Sofia was doing the dishes.

In a second, Denton was in front of his father, with his hands behind his back, standing straight.

"I need you to wash my feet and massage it. I really had a hard day today, you know."
"Okay." Denton already started going to bathroom, knowing what he has to do because he watched his mom do it lot of times.

"Where do you think you're going, bastard?" Joseph pulled him back by his shirt, making Denton's heart pound faster.

"I- I thought I was supposed to go and grab your things for foot and fill it with water and-"
"What a smart boy. Didn't I teach you well?" Joseph smirked as he leaned in Denton's face, making Denton stop breathing.

"Go do that now." Denton quickly ran off, mumbling to himself that he actually saw it from his mommy and not Joseph.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝