Chapter 45

May 5th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Hello lovely." Jaden smiled at Sasha when she opened him the doors of her house.

"Oh, hey you. Come inside." Jaden placed a soft kiss on Sasha's cheek as he walked further into the house.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the work?"
"Well, I might have called my boss to change my day off so I could get to spend the day with you." Jaden smiled, making a big grin on Sasha's face.

"Aw, you're so sweet. I was about to make some eggs for breakfast. Do you want that or something else?"
"Eggs it is. Do you need help?"
"No." Sasha chuckled, shaking her head.

"What's this movie?"
"I don't know, I just turned TV on because it was too quiet for my liking."
"Oh, alright." Jaden took off his zip up sweater, leaving himself in some grey sweatpants and black athlete shirt.

"C'mon baby." Two of them sat at the table, eating their breakfast and talking.

"So what does pretty lady have planned for the day?"
"Meh, I have laundry to do and clean a little around the house. I need to go grocery shopping too."
"Amazing, I need too." Sasha laughed at Jaden's reaction.

"So when was your plan to go?"
"Well, after we eat and all, set the laundry in the machine and then I would go."
"Do you need help with laundry?"
"No, but thank you."

After they were done eating, Jaden insisted on doing the dishes while Sasha does laundry.

"Okay, I'm ready to go." Sasha said as she stood beside the couch where Jaden was waiting for her to get ready.
"Alright, let's go then. I came here walking, just so you know."
"That's alright, we'll go with my car. Let's go."

Two of them exited the house while Jaden was putting on his zip up sweater.

They stopped by Jaden's house so he would grab his wallet before driving to the store.

Walking around the store, they put everything they needed in their carts. But only thing Jaden could think of is how better it would be if they were walking together around this store with one cart while buying groceries for their house.

He tried to push it away so much, but nothing seemed to work. He knew he was moving on really fast in his head, but he couldn't control it.

"Hey."
"Hm?"
"You zoned out again. Is everything alright?"
"Oh, yeah. Yeah, definitely."
"Are you sure? You know you can talk to me about anything?"
"I know, I know. It's nothing really, it's just a lot of things in my head right now. But nothing you need to worry about, babe."
"Alright, I guess I'll trust you on that. Do you need anything else?"
"I don't think so. I think I got everything I planned. You?"
"Yeah, I think that's all."
"Alright, let's go then."

——

"I was thinking. It's May now, you know."
"Yeah?"
"So every summer there's like a camp that my kids used to go to. Now it's few hours further than what it used to, but I was thinking that this summer our kids go together."
"All of them?"
"Yeah."
"Even Denny and Connor?"
"Yeah, why not? I mean, if Denton says he doesn't want to go, it's alright. Connor started going last year, and he really liked it. They're not necessarily camping in tent, it's actually not even camping. It's more like those little cottages or something. They get separated in few groups, and there's kids of all ages. My kids loved it every time, I'm sure Ry, Sof and Denny will too."
"I don't know, I have to see about that."
"If it's about money, please don't worry."
"Jaden-"
"Take it as a present. I want your kids to go there too. After all of the mess they've been through, I want them to have fun somewhere away. Please."
"What, am I supposed to take everything as a present from you? Jaden you've already done so much, You can't pay for that too. And I'm sure that's some expensive camp that I won't be able to afford for all my kids. So, no."
"Oh c'mon Sasha. Don't you want them to experience stuff?"
"I do. But not with you paying for that."
"Just think about it, please. Ask them what they think about it. And then we'll talk about it again. There is enough time before camp starts. Okay?"
"Okay." Sasha gave up arguing about it, because she knew Jaden wouldn't give up.

——

"Okay, now that everything is on its place do I get cuddles before kids get home?"
"Yeah." Sasha chuckled as she climbed on the couch beside Jaden and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I'll never get over the fact how your hair smells so good every time." Jaden stated as he inhaled the scent of Sasha's hair.

She let out a giggle as she played with Jaden's shirt that slightly rolled up and made few folds.

"If I had my hair smelling this good, I would go around flicking it in people's face so they could smell it."
"Well, you smell great all the time anyway."
"I do?"
"Yes. I love your cologne."
"I'm glad you do." Jaden smiled while drawing shapes on Sasha's arm that was wrapped around his torso.

They laid mainly in silence for about 40 minutes, or maybe little more before Jaden broke it.

"I have to go home to unpack everything and start making lunch since I've already 'been home the whole day'."
"What if you guys join us here today?"
"I don't think that's smart. Because they will figure out we already saw each other today."
"Yeah, when we were grocery shopping on accident at the same time."
"And then you invited us to lunch? I don't know, Phoebe has already been a little strange when she sees us together, like she knows something's going on. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to eat the food you make and to have a lunch and everything. It would actually make me so happy. But it's little risky."
"Yeah, you're right."

Jaden got up, getting on his zip up sweater before pulling Sasha close to him.

"I will see you soon. I'll text you later."
"Alright. Have a good day." Sasha smiled as she cupped Jaden's face before smashing her lips on his.

"You too lovely. Thank you for the breakfast though." Jaden smiled, placing one more kiss on her lips before going out of the house.

"Hey, one more question. Do you have four years of high-school graduated?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Nothing. I'll see you." Jaden waved as he sat in his car and drove off.

He left Sasha confused, wondering why he asked her that question.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝