Chapter 38

April 12th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Jaden." Adam whispered, showing Jaden with his eyes to turn around.

Jaden spun in his chair, seeing Linda approaching him.

"Oh, hey Lynn. What are you doing here?"
"I knew I won't be able to talk to you anywhere else. Can we just come somewhere with less people that can hear us?"
"Uh, only hallway. This way." Jaden lead Linda to the hallway, two of them stopping in the middle of it.

"What's making a beautiful woman like you come to my work to talk to me?" Jaden joked, making Linda sigh.

"I have something to tell you."
"I have too." Jaden smiled, making Linda quickly interrupt him.

"Me first. Jaden, you and I have something strong and special going on between two of us,"
"Yes we do." Jaden smiled slightly as he held his hands in his pockets. He was planning onto taking her to the cinema tomorrow night. They haven't really been too much with each other past few weeks, and he didn't want it to affect what they had going on between two of them.

"But we can't function anymore," She said, making Jaden's smile drop as he furrowed his eyebrows, "Jaden, you have feelings for another woman,"
"Listen, Isabelle is-"
"I'm not talking about Isabelle here. And I know both of us are trying for this relationship. But I just can't compete with her. The look you have in your eyes... Did you ever look at me the same?" Jaden swallowed his saliva, starting to feel even more bad, "I wish I was enough. But she is too beautiful and too good that I couldn't compete her."
"Linda-"
"Don't say anything. You don't have to." Linda walked off with teary eyes, leaving Jaden's building.

He sighed, dropping his head to look at the floor. He pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a second before walking back to his desk.

He knew Linda was right. And he was trying to deny it for so long, but now that she got the facts out it was obvious he won't be able to resist his feelings.

"Man, what happened? She walked off with tears in her eyes. Is everything alright?"
"She just broke things off." Jaden said, taking his papers and starting to rewrite it on the computer.

"Why? I thought you said you will take her to cinema tomorrow."
"Yeah, well, she said she knows she can't compete with her. She asked if I ever looked the same at her like I did at her. She can't be with me if I am deeply hiding my feelings for other woman."
"Sasha, isn't it?" Adam asked, making Jaden sigh as he placed his face in his hands.

This was probably the first time Adam was acting serious and mature. Well, as much as he could.

"Look, I knew it from the very very start there is something growing from you for Sasha. But honestly, when I was at your house few days ago, I see why Linda said all of that. The look in your eyes man. It's something different I haven't seen in your eyes for years."
"I can't control it." Jaden whisper-groaned, placing his arms on the desk and hiding his face there.

"I know you can't. But another thing I noticed is the look that she has while she looks at you. It's not too different from yours look, man. I literally swear that I can see it in her eyes too." Adam said, making Jaden raise up his head and run his hands over his face few times.

"You need to talk to her. I mean, sure she went through shit recently, but like, I've been waiting for three months for you two to finally get together honestly. Remember when I told you in January that I'm giving you three to four months until you are head over hills for her. Yeah, this is it. I'm winning my own bet." Jaden chuckled, shaking his head.

"I'm not sure she feels the same."
"Well, I am sure. But you might just lose it if you don't talk to her." Adam patted Jaden's back, making him sigh once again before getting back to the work.

——

"So, your window's fixed." Jaden said once two men left the house after setting up the new window glass.

"It is. And thank you for that."
"Don't thank me."
"So, are things with Linda getting better after the fight?"
"Actually, she broke things off today. She came on my work, to be exact."
"What? Why?"
"Because-" Jaden stopped for a moment to decide whether to drop it now or not yet.

"Because she apparently sees in my eyes I have feelings for another woman."
"But didn't you say she understood about the Isabelle?"
"This is not about her."
"Then who is it?" Sasha asked, making Jaden start approaching her, but his phone started ringing, ruining the whole moment.

"Hey P?"
"Dad, Connor fell really bad and hurt his ankle, you need to come over. He can't stand up."
"Shit, I'm coming. Just don't move it, alright?"
"Okay."

Jaden hung up, taking his jacket and putting it on quickly.

"What happened, Jaden?"
"Connor fell and hurt his ankle. He can't stand up."
"Goddammit, wait for me." Sasha rushed with Jaden to the car, quickly driving down the street to Jaden's house.

"Guys?!"
"In the yard." Sasha said, rushing to the back doors.

They were all around Conmor that was sitting on the floor, crying.

"Hey baby, it's okay. It's okay. Let me see." Sasha said, lightly raising his sweatpants and socks so she could be able to see his ankle.

"What happened guys?"
"We were just playing here and he was running and fell down on the floor."
"My foot turned on the side when I stepped on it." Connor cried out, making Jaden nod as he ran his hand through Connor's hair.

"It's probably strained. We should take him to doctor."
"Okay, I'll take him. Come just open the doors." Jaden picked up Connor from the floor, Sasha rushing in front of him with Sara to go and open the front doors and car doors.

"Okay, just please stay here with kids."
"Okay, I will." Sasha nodded, watching Jaden sit in car and drive off.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝