Chapter 27

March 6th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Hey Sash."
"Heyy. Thank you for picking me up."
"Oh it's all good, I told you already." Jaden said, driving off and driving to the café where four of them were supposed to meet up.

"So, how have you been?"
"Good, not that anything special has been happening. What about you?"
"I've been great."
"I see this new shine on you."
"What shine?" Jaden asked confused, thinking that he maybe had a glitter on his face or something.

"Well you're looking really good, better than when I met you."
"I do?"
"Yeah. I mean the special look that only care of woman brings out in a man." Sasha smiled, making Jaden slightly chuckle as he nodded his head.

"Is it your friend, Linda?"
"You really have to figure everything out, don't you?" Jaden smiled, looking over at Sasha.
"I'm a mom. I don't know what you expected." She chuckled, making Jaden shake his head.

"Well, yeah. We've been just having a little thing between us."
"Little thing?"
"Okay, maybe not that little. But as of now it's nothing like too serious. I don't know if I really want to jump into something. I mean, it's too soon for that. We've been going on dates and stuff for a month or so, I don't even know." Jaden confessed, earning a nod in response.

"Yeah, it's understandable. She understands that too?"
"Yeah, yeah. She is really understanding person. She- she's amazing."
"Well, I'm glad you found someone. You've been alone for 7 years now, it was about the time for someone new. Do kids know?"
"Well, looking at it that Phoebe and Sara were the ones that made me accept her dinner invitation, they do know. They said I couldn't be stuck on someone who is dead for the rest of my life. Apparently, they know that Isabelle, their mom, wouldn't want me being alone for rest of my life."
"They're right. I'm glad you found someone." Jaden smiled as he parked the car near café.

Just at the time that they walked to the café, they saw Linda getting out if her car too.

"Hey." Linda smiled as Jaden and she kissed each other on cheek, before hand shaking with Sasha.

"I'm Linda, nice to meet you."
"Sasha, you too. I've hear a lot of good words about you." Sasha smiled, making Linda smile too.

They walked inside of the café and found a table for four. Madeline joined them in few minutes, and they were finally off to making a full plan of everything.

"Okay, I got the paper you are going to make him sign up. It's like 6 pages and I'm sure he isn't going to read it. This one, is actually paper for divorce. And this one here is paper that he is putting all the things you guys own on your name. So you just need to get him to sign it, and then we are able to arrest him." Linda said as she took the papers from her bag. Sasha sighed as she looked through them, making Jaden rub her arm in comfort.

"But what am I supposed to tell him?"
"It's where my husband, that actually works with that, is going to get in. He works in legalizing houses and real estate in city, we own a company. So, he will come around, explaining how some stuff isn't legalized and needs to be in case you don't want your house to go down or some stuff. He already knows the whole story, so we don't need to worry about that part." Madeline explained, making Sasha nod her head.

"So you aren't actually going to hand him those, it will be my husband. It will be less risky. I talked to Rick today about it."
"Oh, okay." Sasha handed papers to Madeline as they continued to talk about everything.

"But what I need to know is, are you ready to say every single thing he has done to you. You will need to go into graphic descriptions, and explain everything, word on word." Linda asked as she had a worried expression.

She worked on cases like this before. Many women believe that they are ready to get their justice, and then right before court they just can't do it. Not just women, but any victims of cases like this.

"Yes."
"You will need to get questioned a lot. Questions might trigger you, all the things you have to say might trigger you. I worked on few cases, and I saw few more, where victims just can't do it when they need to say everything that they've been through, while they are in same person that has done those stuff to them. They give up, because it's just the manipulative energy around them from their abuser. I'm not saying this to scare you or anything near that, but you have to know and prepare yourself mentally as much as you can."
"I'm ready to say everything. I need to free my kids from him."
"Okay. Can you quickly just get me through everything. Don't need to get too descriptive or anything. Just so I know on how much I'm going to be able to charge him for."

"Well, it started when I was around 17 when we got into relationship. For first year he was normal, everything was great and I was really falling for him. And then he started drinking so much, and started getting abusive. He would slap me in front of people, call me all the names and everything. It would especially get worse when we are alone. Then, he made me not go to college by getting me pregnant. I had to marry him. I was still hoping that maybe child can change him and realize how he is ruining himself, but nothing worked. I lost complete contact with my parents. He once broke my mom's arm. I almost broke my rib in 7th month of pregnancy," Sasha paused to wipe a tear that was near to falling down her face.

"It's okay, take your time." Linda reassured her as she held Sasha's hand in hers.

"Then, he started abusing kids too. Rhianna was only 2 months old the first time that he abused her the literal same way he abused me. A 2 months old baby."
"What's exactly the way he abused you?"
"He, uh, he would hit me like really hard. First it was with his hands and feet. Then he started using other things. Such as things from kitchen, or belts, of throwing rocks at me, or using chains." Sasha let out a shaky breath as she looked down.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me any more if you don't want to, we will leave it for another time."
"Okay." Sasha said as she wiped away her tears.

"You're so strong for getting through all that. And even stronger that you are ready now to make him pay for everything he has done. We will get you and your kids justice. Maybe it won't take back all the things and time you've lost living with him, but at least a little relief that he won't ever come near you again."

Sasha nodded her head, making Jaden lean in to her ear as he placed a hand on her back.

"Are you going to report him for sexual abuse too?" Sasha shrugged her shoulders.

She was almost sure she won't, because she doesn't want her kids knowing.

But something was telling her that would only help Linda get him locked for more years.

"He also doesn't give me my payment. That's why people think we are poor. Because he takes everything away and gives me only like 20 dollars or so. 50 is like a maximum. My kids don't even really get to eat. Only that sometimes he is not home and then I can actually make them food and get them to eat as much as they can. He is the reason my kids have been bullied since they started going to school. Other kids found out about their dad and started making fun of them. Rhianna especially gets through the most. He wouldn't let me get them into different school."
"Okay, that's great. Wait, sorry, I didn't mean like that. Just that it's going to be helpful in court."
"I know what you meant, it's all good. He is also kind of like a control freak. So for example if Denton, my son, doesn't put his shoes on a exact place he wants him to, he would 'punish him'. Or if bathroom isn't completely cleaned after one person showers. Or after we eat, if dishes aren't cleaned right away. It's like some OCD, I don't even know. And it only worsen up everything."
"Okay. We'll add that too. You and I will have to meet in my office sometime soon to get statement ready."
"Okay."

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝