Chapter 13

February 10th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"What's up Sasha?" Jaden asked, his hands in his pockets as he stood in front of Sasha.

"I, uh, I just wanted to apologize for my blabbering that night at the party. I don't know why-" Before Sasha could finish, Jaden interrupted her, placing his hand on her upper arm.

"Sasha, stop. There's no apology needed. I'm glad you felt like you could share it with me. But I wish that you weren't protecting him so bad. He's a manipulator and he washed out your brain, besides all of the stuff he's done. I don't know why are you protecting him and why don't you want to leave him. I mean, I sort of understand it, but c'mon now. You're such an independent woman, you could find someone who cares about you and treats you good, along with your kids. He doesn't deserve none of you." Jaden's eyes were full of sympathy for the woman in front of him. He felt awful that she was going through all that alone with her kids. And no one ever protected them.

"Jaden, it's very complicated. And I- I love him." Both Jaden and Sasha knew it was a big lie the moment she said that out loud.

"Oh, don't fucking lie to yourself, Sasha. Both you and I know it's a big awful lie. There's no fucking love. It's just his manipulation."
"Can- can you just don't tell anyone anything? Please. It was a big mistake of me to tell you about it. My kids have already gotten through enough in their school and now I've possibly ruined their chances of having friends." Sasha's voice came out almost as a whisper. She felt awful past few days, thinking her kids will lose friends or anything similar. Just if her kids got to know that their friends probably know about their life at home they would most likely get mad at her.

"What do you mean? Do you think my kids would leave them because of their father? Hell no, Sasha. I teached my kids well. They are nothing like that. You have nothing to worry about. But I can promise you something. And that something is that you will fucking divorce that man and he will go to jail. I promise you that. And that will happen very soon." Jaden made few of his words very clear, making Sasha's heart beat increase.

"Jaden, please don't report anything. You said that stuff is safe with you."
"It is. Until I figure out the way to get him inside of the cell without his men in police coming in the middle of it."
"Jaden, you don't know what comes after someone makes a report. Please don't do stuff like that." Sahsa was basically begging now. She was cursing herself out for telling him. She knew nothing good will come out if he reports Joseph.

"Don't worry. When that time comes, you will be safe. There will be no one that can harm you. I promise." Jaden said, before turning around and walking away with his son.

Sasha was stood there with her hands slightly shaking. It was partly because it was cold outside, and partly because she was scared.

And she knew all of this was her fault.

She walked back in the store, being met with Serenity already looking at her.

"Sha, what happened? What was that? Were you arguing?" Sasha just shook her head, continuing to clean the floor of the store.

"Sasha? Sasha what happened? You have to tell me. Sasha, leave that and talk to me."
"I told him!" She almost yelled, harshly putting the mop in the bucket. As she did it, bucket fell down, spilling everything around the floor.

"Fucking hell." Two of them quickly dried to floor, but then customer walked in so Serenity had to go to cashier.

Once they were done with their shift, which was only five minutes later, they walked out of shop together in silence.

"What did you tell him, Sasha?" Serenity asked, making Sasha sigh.

"About Joseph."
"You did? When?" Serenity's eyes widened. She was in shock that Sasha told anybody. Only people that Sasha told were her and Jessica. Other people just found out from gossip.

"Week or so ago. On that party. I- I don't know what was in my head. And it came to the stuff I didn't plan on telling him, but I accidentally spilled it, and then thankfully Adam saved us by coming over. I was avoiding him the whole week, but I just had to make sure, today, that he won't tell anyone. So that's what we talked about. And then, he said I'm just blinded by the manipulator and that I shouldn't be 'protecting' Joseph. And he also proceeded to make me a promise that my 'secret' is safe with him, until he finds a way to get me to divorce Joseph before he puts him in the jail."
"Shit. That's great, Sasha." Serenity was happy someone was finally tempted to help Sasha and her kids. She was never able to help her and she was happy that Jaden, as a person that knows a lot of important people, is willing to help her.

"What do you mean it's great? It's not. It's not at all. He'll just cause mess in my house and then kids and I would pay the price for it. Because you and I know damn well that Joseph has people protecting him."
"Yeah. But Jaden is a rich man. You don't think he holds some power?"
"I don't care if he does. There's no money that could make Jimmy or Jason give up on protecting Joseph. Because you know damn well that they are not just protecting Joseph, but have their jobs beside that shit. Then, because of them, judge Gordon would take a case if it even happens, and he'd just call him innocent because he is Jimmy's and Jason's father. It's no game, T."
"For fucks sake. Just don't worry about it. Alright? I might talk to Jaden."
"How can I not fucking worry? My kids have already been through fucking hell. I don't need shit becoming twice worse."

——

"You're late, you whore."
"I'm sorry, we had to do something in the store." Sasha quickly explained, knowing that it probably won't help her one bit.
"Mhm, I'm fucking sure about that. Come down right now."

There goes hell.

Sasha just silently walked down the stairs, before she was pushed by Joseph.

He pushed her on the floor, making her let out a little groan. Since she had kids, she would always be much quieter. She knew how bad that makes them feel.

He started kicking her with his feet, before punching her with his fists. Once he got bored of it, he took some stuff he had around the basement and started hitting her with it.

Sasha had tears streaming down her face, silently laying on the floor and moving only when he would hit her.

"Go to fucking bed, slut. And next time, try to think what you're doing." He spat, going upstairs, leaving Sasha down on the floor while she cried.

She had blood dripping from her mouth, few scars that were bleeding on her body, and she would 100% have bruises in few days.

She slowly got up and managed to get up and walk to her room. Thankfully, Joseph doesn't sleep in her room because he gets too drunk and falls asleep on the couch watching TV.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝