chapter 16

February 12th, 2022

3RD PERSON

Jaden was doing laundry, putting clothes in the machine, but scream he heard made him rush to the bathroom that Rhianna and Sara shared.

"Sara?!" He knocked, before he went to burst through the doors.

"No dad! Don't come in!"
"Why? What are you doing there? I heard you scream."
"I- I think I got my period." Sara's shaky and scared voice was heard from the bathroom, making Jaden sigh.

"Don't be scared, that's normal. Do you want me to get you clean underwear?"
"N-no. I think I'll wait for Rhianna."
"Why?"
"I don't know how to put this on." Sara confessed, making Jaden nod his head in realization, even though Sara couldn't see him.

"I'll show you. Just put on some toilet paper now on your underwear, I'll show you on clean one's how to do it. Rhianna and Connor just went out, they won't be back in less than hour."
"B-But- Ugh, okay."
"Okay." Jaden was already in this situation around 2 years ago when Rhianna got her first period.

He in a fact knew how girl is  supposed to put on pad and tampons, because right before Isabelle died, she showed him so he is prepared when this moment comes.

Isabelle also made sure he knew everything about woman's body, because she knew it's better if she explains him everything than for him to search it up on the internet when they ask him something.

"Can I come in?" Jaden knocked on the doors, waiting for the answer, getting a little 'yeah' in response before walking inside.

"Why are you crying sweetie?"
"I just got scared. I didn't know I got my period."
"It's okay. Now you're becoming a woman. Look, I'm going to put this on on these underwear so you can understand how to put it on afterwards."
"Okay." Sara nodded her head, all red like a tomato as she felt extremely embarrassed because her dad was showing her this.

"Okay, so you put this here first, and then remove this and put this little wings underneath so it doesn't move. But watch out where you put this so it doesn't bleed here when you're laying down, but also on front when you're standing and sitting. And then you see when it's full of blood so you change it and wrap it in this. Got it?" Jaden talked as he put the pad onto clean pair of underwear and explaining it to his daughter.

"Yeah. Thanks dad."
"Of course. You have these longer and shorter. You'll see how you're bleeding, so you maybe can use shorter ones. You can use these longer at night if you don't want to use night ones. They're bit thicker than these normal ones." Jaden showed her the pads from the cabinet, even though Sara knew Rhianna keeps them there.

"Okay."
"Okay, I'll leave now so you can change. Just wash your underwear a little in shower to take off the blood that you can and then I'll put them in machine. Alright?"
"Yeah."
"Did it go on your sweats?"
"I don't know, they're black."
"Okay, I'll just wash them too." Jaden closed the bathroom doors and walked out of the room.

He knew that Sara was embarrassed now, but he knew he had to do it. He wanted to do it. He'll give her a talk later. Because if they had a mom, she would ot exactly that. But since they don't, he needs to play both roles.

——

"Why are you walking like that?" Rhianna and Connor laughed at Sara as they saw her walk into the kitchen like a penguin.

"Don't laugh at her. She got her first period, she's not used to wearing pads yet." Sara turned into bright red color as her dad defended her.

"No shit, really?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, I made pizza for dinner tonight, so come help me just to set up the table."

Once everything was set up, they sat down to eat.

"Sara, would you go with me to grocery shopping?"
"I wanna go too!"
"You weren't invited." Jaden said, making Connor sigh.

"Uh, yeah." Sara nodded her head, making Jaden nod in response.
"Okay."
"Are we going to watch the quiz now?" Rhianna asked, knowing exactly why Jaden didn't let Connor go with them.

"We'll watch it once Sara and I are back, alright?"
"Okay. Hurry up guyss."

Sara and Jaden got into the car, driving to the Walmart that is not too far away from their house.

"I feel like there's a certain reason you didn't let Connor come with." Sara stated the obvious, making Jaden nod in response.

"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Because we gotta talk. You just got your period, your body is going to start changing, you are goin-"
"Dad, we don't need to do this. I know everything about it. Really." Sara cut Jaden off, making him sigh.

"That's what P said too, and then when I explained her some stuff she was shocked."
"But-"
"No, let me give you a little speech. I just have to make sure you know everything on the time, really."

Sara tried to protest her dad giving her a speech about being a woman, but Jaden refused to let that happen. He wanted to make sure, since they don't have a mom that they could easily ask something, he tells them everything on time because they would be ashamed to ask him.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝