Chapter 34

April 5th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Hey." Jaden smiled when Sasha walked out of shop. He opened passengers doors for her and then got into drivers seat.

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going?"
"Yes. We are going to buy you new window because I saw rainy days coming by the end of the week and we can't just leave that wall opened like that."
"Jaden, I really don't currently have money for a new window and I don't want you paying for that."
"It's okay. Don't worry about it."
"Goshh, you're so annoying, but I'll pay you everything once I have money."
"I told you not to worry about it." He reassured her, giving her a smile.

"Oops. This shit scared me a little." Sasha giggled as Jaden picked up his phone and answered Linda's call.

"Heyy." Jaden smiled, hearing Linda's voice on the other side.
"Hey Jae, what's up? What are you doing?"
"Currently in car with Sasha, we're going to that shop. What are you up to?"
"Nothing, I was just calling to check if you've already went to buy that window. How is she doing?"
"Well, good. As much as it's possible."
"Okay. Can you tell her I would like to meet up with her? Ask if it's okay if I call her to make some plans, I need to talk to her alone."
"Yeah, I will."
"Okay then, thank you. It's all I wanted, call me later."
"I will, bye."
"Bye."

Jaden placed his phone down right when he started turning the car around the corner.

"Linda would like to meet up with you. She wants to talk to you."
"Oh, okay."
"She asked if it's okay if she calls you. So you can make plans to meet up."
"Yeah, of course."
"Okay, I'll tell her later."

Once they got to the shop, they got out of the car and walked inside.

"Hi, I'm Jaden. I think I talked to you earlier."
"Oh, yeah. I remember. Damian. So, window 24×36, right?"
"Yes." Jaden and Sasha walked behind the man to the back of the store.

"For what we talked earlier, I have these here. You can look and decide which one you think would work the best for your house and then my guys will bring it in few days.

"Jaden, these glasses are expensive." Sasha whispered as she looked at the prices of glass.

"Don't worry about it, Sash. I told you."
"Jaden, I am not in a situation where I can afford this. Nor I will probably be able to get it back to you from once."
"It's all good. You will give it to me whenever you are able to, even though I'm not asking you to. I really want you to take this as if a little present from me to you for new start." Sasha shook her head, sighing.

"Just tell me which one of these you think would look the best with your window."
"The regular one."
"You sure? Please don't look at thr price."
"Yeah, I'm sure."
"Okay, great then. We'll just go there to quickly pay and see when will they be able to set it."

Sasha followed Jaden back to the check out where Damian was with few buyers.

"Chose?"
"Yeah, the classic one."
"Okay, great, I have those in stock. In two days? That sounds good?"
"Yeah, great."
"Okay, just give me your number so we can call when it's time to deliver and set it."

Jaden quickly wrote down his number before two of them left back to his car.

"Would you like coming over today? For lunch. I don't want to separate you from your kids, and I would be more than happy for us all to have lunch in our house."
"Ugh, okay. If you let me cook."
"My kitchen is your kitchen." Jaden joked, looking over at Sasha as two of them laughed.

"I am so happy that you finally can feel free and live normal life with your kids. I really am. It hurt me so much just from the story the way you had to live your life. You didn't deserve any of that. Maybe the way you finally got free wasn't the best, but it's important that it's over now. I think you are a really strong fighter. I literally idolize you." Jaden said as he parked in front of the shop and looked over at Sasha.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to explain how thankful I am for you. This would never happen if you decided to give up on me."
"I would never." Jaden pulled Sasha in hug over the console.

Just as they started slowly pulling away, their faces ended up really close. Their lips were almost touching.

Jaden's eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips while Sasha looked up at him.

"Oh, uhm, kids."
"Yeah, yeah, we need to pick them up." They quickly broke the very awkward moment. Sasha unbuckled her seat belt and opened the car doors.

They both drove in their cars to the school where they would pick kids up.

This moment confused both of them. Sasha's dream wasn't helping her dream from few nights ago. And Jaden knew it was just a weird moment that happened, so he just pushed it away, making sure that only woman on his mind is Linda.

Things between Linda and Jaden were getting more serious with every week that passed. Jaden was even considering introducing kids to her. He wouldn't want to date a woman that his kids don't like.

"What, only you two?" Jaden joked as Connor and Denton climbed in the car, and girls went to Sasha's car.

"Boys gotta have fun too." Connor said, laughing with Denton, making Jaden laugh too.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝