Chapter 31

April 4th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Okay, I'll see you guys later." Sasha waved at her kids as they rushed to Mitchell's front doors.

Jaden waved at Sasha with a smile on his face. Sasha waved back, before driving off to her house.

Dream she had on Saturday night still haunts her even two days after.

She was just confused, why did she dream him?

She got into the house, where Joseph was watching TV and drinking.

It was almost 7pm when Sasha purposely did something she knew would piss Joseph off.

Jaden texted Sasha to inform her he has made report and that Madeline and her team would be in the house in exactly five minutes.

"You whore!" Joseph yelled, pulling Sasha in the kitchen with him by her hair.

"What's this?!" He slapped her, making her squeeze her fists so she wouldn't give him satisfaction of knowing he hurt her.

Sound of sirens was heard in the street, making Joseph tense up as he saw two police cars pulling up in front of their house.

He saw few of them going to the back yard while few were obviously approaching the front doors.

His next act definitely took Sasha off guard when everyone walked into the house.

He took a knife in his hand, pulling Sasha in front of him while he stood in corner that fridge and wall created.

Knife was held right next to Sasha's throat as everyone pointed their guns at Joseph.

"Put the knife down!" Madeline yelled, making Joseph laugh.

"Make one step closer and she's gone." Joseph said, making Madeline and two more guys stop walking.

"Joseph, it doesn't have to go this way. We can make this work. Don't kill her."
"Why wouldn't I? I'm not stupid, I don't plan on going to the jail."
"Joseph! Think straight! You'll get three years max if you put that knife down now and let her go. If you kill her, you're going in the prison 'till the day you die. Do you really want that?!" Madeline tried to convince Joseph not to kill Sasha. Sasha's eyes were scrunched, trying not to cry and praying that they save her.

"Who made the damn report?!"
"It doesn't matter."
"Yes it does. Is it that bitch across the street?!"
"We don't know. It was anonymous report. We don't know who called us. Now please put that knife down, we can talk about this."
"No! You fucking cunt, you think you're gonna get me in prison?! Hm?! Well, say bye bye to your kids now, there will be no one to protect them now!" Joseph was just about to slit Sasha's throat when bullet went through the window and right through Joseph's head.

Sasha screamed as two cops pulled her with them, away from Joseph.

"It's okay, it's okay Sash. You're safe now." Madeline reassured Sasha, holding her tight and trying to calm her down from crying.

Sasha really thought she was going to die. Her whole life already went through her head. She thought she won't get to save her kids and get them a normal life.

And then someone shot Joseph. There was no other way of getting out of this situation. They had no time. If they waited a second more, Sasha would be gone dead now.

"Let's get someone to clean those cuts." Madeline helped Sasha to the medical car that just arrived there.

When bullet went through the window, few pieces of glass hit Sasha's body and made few cuts.

But at least she is alive still.

——

"Sasha." Jaden said, pulling Sasha in a tight hug.

Madeline called him to inform him about everything that happened. He couldn't believe that Sasha almost lost her life there.

She broke into tears, sobbing in Jaden's chest.

"It's okay. Everything's okay now, it's over." He whispered, rubbing her back.

"Are you okay now?" Jaden asked when Sasha calmed down, setting her onto a chair she was previously sitting at.

"Y-Yeah."
"I'm so sorry for what happened. I can't believe he was ready to go that far."
"I know. It didn't surprise me too much. I really thought it was over and that I won't see my kids again."
"Don't worry, you will see them. Your friend, Serenity, said you will sleep at her place tonight, and your kids will stay in my house. You need at least one night to calm down and try to take this off your mind."
"O-Okay."
"Do you feel like we could go together now to your house to take clothes for next few days? You can't go back there until your window is fixed and all the blood is cleaned up."
"Y-Yeah." Sasha got up with Jaden, slowly walking out.

"Okay. Madeline said she won't make you give a statement or anything, she wrote it instead of you. It doesn't even matter really, no one cares about it now that it's finally over."
"Okay."
"Let's go." He placed his hand on Sasha's back and lead her to his car. He has just told Madeline she can leave once he arrived there.

"Will they let us inside?"
"Yeah, Madi said she informed people here that two of us will probably arrive to get some clothes. But we will go through the back doors."
"Yeah." Jaden opened doors for Sasha and helped her get in before sitting in his head.

"Take my jacket. It's cold." Jaden said, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around Sasha.

"Hey, it's-"
"Let's not argue over that, Sash. Just take it."
"Thank you."

They mainly drove in silence, because Jaden wanted to let Sasha calm down.

"Mitchell. We need to pick up stuff."
"Okay, this way." One of cops there helped Jaden and Sasha to the back of the house, letting them walk into the rooms.

"I'll help you, c'mon." Jaden helped Sasha pack kids' clothes in the backpack and then helped her to pack her stuff.

"We will get back here in few days. Okay?"
"O-Okay."
"Do you want your card finally back?" Jaden asked as he noticed Joseph's wallet on a drawer in the hall.

"I don't know if there's anything on it."
"Okay, but you know the pin code?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. That's good. Let's go now if you took all you need."
"I did."
"Okay."

They got into Jaden's car after placing all the bags in the back.

"Do kids know what happened?"
"Not yet. Do you want me to give you few minutes to talk to them? Because I really feel like you shouldn't be with them tonight. You should be alone, this was very traumatic for you."
"Yeah. I wanna talk to them. Can we keep out the part where he tried to slit my throat?"
"Yeah, until you feel like you can talk about it. We'll go along with that story."
"Okay."

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝