Chapter 33

April 4th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Oh my God babe, come on in here."
"Hi Sash." Jessica rushed to Sasha, engulfing her in the hug.

Jessica and Serenity aren't the closest people, but when they heard what happened, Jessica immediately came over so she could be there for Sasha.

"I'm gonna make some hot chocolate, I know you would use one right now."
"Okay." Serenity rushed to the kitchen and quickly made them three a hot chocolates before getting back in the living room.

"Okay, you wanna tell us what happened?"
"God, it feels so surreal to be out of house after 8pm, knowing I won't get punished for it. What the fuck." Sasha mumbled, making Serenity and Jessica smile a little.

"That's what you were supposed to feel your whole life. But we won't go about it now. You gotta tell us what happened, if you are ready."
"Okay, so everything goes as planned today. I took kids, and then we didn't talk to each other. I left a glass on the kitchen counter when Jaden texted me. He pulled me into the kitchen, yelling, and then he heard police sirens and saw them pulling up in front of the house. We watched cops run to the back of the house, and he took a knife in his hand. I'm not even sure, everything happened so fast. Next thing I know he is holding me with full force, ready to slit my throat if cops don't leave him alone. I already saw my whole life run through my head, really. I thought I was dead. He told me I won't be able to protect kids anymore, and next thing I know that knife falls down along with him, glass from our window breaking and cutting me on few placed before cops pulled me aside and Madeline engulfed me into a hug telling me that everything is over."
"What the fuck? He tried to slit your throat?"
"Yeah. If they didn't shoot, I know I would be dead the second later because I could literally feel the blade against my skin right when bullet went through."
"Goddamn. I'm so sorry Sash. But I'm so glad you're finally free."
"Yeah."

Three women talked until they finished their hot chocolates. Jessica made sure to remind Sasha that she is will to help with anything before she left the house.

Serenity let Sasha go to shower so two of them could finally go to the bed and get some sleep after a really rough day.

"We'll sleep together in my room because my other room just isn't really into a condition to be used and my bed is big enough for two of us and I don't want either of us sleeping on the couch."
"Okay. Thank you, T."
"Don't thank me for anything. Come, I'll even give you cuddles after this day." Sasha chuckled as she climbed in the bed next to her best friend.

"Did Jaden give you phone?"
"Yes. Thank you again for that, T."
"Don't thank me Sasha, really."
"Okay. Your boobs are comfy though."
"Are they? Don't make me act up here, Sash." Serenity joked, making Sasha snort as she laughed.

"Chill out."
"Okay, let's go to sleep, really."
"Yeah."

——

"Hey Jaden, I just called to check if there's somebody home because I came to pick up kids for school?"
"Yeah, I was just about to get home to pick all of them up. I thought I would stuff them all in my car and take them to school."
"Oh, well I'm here now anyway, so I'll just take them. You don't have to get off the work."
"Okay then, thanks. Just knock a little louder, I don't have spare key hidden outside."
"Oh, they're unlocking. Okay then, I'll see you later."
"Just make sure they all took the food off the kitchen counter for their lunch and that they ate breakfast."
"Oh, alright."
"Okay then, bye."

Sasha hung up just when Phoebe opened the front doors.

"Oh, hey Sasha. Where's dad?"
"Well, I came here to pick you guys up and he told me he was about to drive home to pick you up so I told him he doesn't need to worry. We'll stuff you all into the car, okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. Come in."
"Dad told me to make sure you grabbed all the food and ate breakfast."
"We did, don't worry."

Everyone soon came down to the living room, ready to go to the school.

"Okay, Denny, you will sit in front in Ry's lap and then you'll guys just make a little more place there so Connor can sit between you." Sasha drove kids to the school and then drove herself to the work.

Jaden:
Come off work little earlier, I need to take you somewhere. I told P we will pick them all up maybe 5 to 10 minutes later than usual. Alright?

Sasha read the message, a little shocked so she quickly responded.

Sasha:
Where exactly? I need to talk to my boss first.

Jaden:
You'll see. He has to let you 15 minutes earlier, you almost lost your life yesterday. He must have as little sympathy as that.

Sasha:
Okay. You're making me a little worried.

Jaden:
You shouldn't be, really. It's nothing too big or important, but it has to be done. Just chill and be ready 15 minutes earlier because I'm picking you up whatever your boss says.

Sasha was slightly shocked by Jaden's messages, but they made her smile.

Once she realized she was smiling at messages that contained nothing funny, she pulled herself back and continued to work.

That dream of hers is still in her head, she's only trying to push it aside.

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝