Chapter 47

May 15th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Mom, is everything alright?" Rhianna asked from the couch when she saw her mom walk in the house with a pale face.

"Oh, yeah, everything's great. Why?"
"You look a little off. Like you saw a ghost."
"Oh, no, everything's amazing. Don't worry." Sasha walked to her room and closed the doors.

She took her stuff and made her way over to the bathroom. She still couldn't believe Jaden said that he is in love with her.

Even though she was scared to admit it out loud, deep down she knew she's in love with him too. But since he looked like he regretted saying it out loud, she wasn't sure if she is going to tell him that.

——

"Dad, you alright?" Phoebe came around the corner, seeing her dad walk in the house and sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good."
"You don't seem too good. Did something happen with Linda?"
"No, just, don't worry about it."
"I have to worry when I see you like that. Did you argue?"
"Phoebe, stop asking me things that you know I don't wanna answer you. I'm going to shower." Jaden snapped, walking up the stairs to his room.

He left Phoebe a little shocked and hurt at the same time. She only wanted to help him and make sure her dad is okay.

"What was that? He stumped up to his room?" Sarah came from Denton's room.
"I don't know. He seemed like something happened. So I asked what is it and he said everything is alright. And when I asked him if it's about Linda he snapped at me."
"Oh. That's strange. Let him just calm down. If he doesn't want us to know it must not be something too serious."
"What if she broke up with him? Or he broke up with her?" Phoebe was scared and worried, because she didn't want her dad's feelings hurt. Especially with the fact that she made him go on a date with her and start everything.

"Well, it's nothing up to us."
"But I can't see him be heart broken."
"Let's just leave it here until tomorrow. And then we'll see what happens."
"Alright."

Jaden almost started crying in the shower as the water was going down his body.

How could he just slip it out like that? What was in his head when he said it? He knew he has a lot of self control, so this just slipping out of his mouth was so confusing to him.

He was scared he now has scared Sasha away. They've been seeing each other in secret for a month now. It's too early to confess to someone that you're in love with them. He was for sure falling for her since he met her and was trying to hide it all the time, but it's still not right to just slip those words out like that. He just jumped in the middle of Sasha's sentence and slipped it out. It was so confusing to him.

——

"Hello!" Jessica walked in the house with a smile on her face.

"Hey." Sasha smiled from the kitchen. She was still in shock from everything that happened last night, but tried to act normal so she wouldn't get asked too much.

"Jes!" Denton ran up to Jassica, giving her a tight hug.
"Hey Den, what's up?"
"I was just watching TV."
"Are your sisters home?"
"No, actually yeah. But they are just going to park with their friends."
"Oh. Let me just go see them and then we'll talk."
"Alright."

Jessica left a little bag on the dining table before going over to Rhianna's and Sofia's shared room.

"Knock knock."
"Oh, hey Jes." Two girls hugged the woman that they basically see as a aunt.

"What's up? You getting ready to go out?"
"Yeah."
"That's great. You look amazing. Did you find any guys you're getting ready for?" She leaned herself onto the wall of girls bedroom.

"Oh, no. No, no. Kids here are still the same as always. But hey, since we are talking about guys. Can you just please tell us if mom has been seeing someone in past month or so?"
"Why do you think that?" Jessica raised her eyebrows, trying to avoid really answering the question.

"She's been leaving house a lot. Not that we mind, she deserves time for herself. But she seems a lot happier." Sofia said, making Rhianna nod her head before adding,
"Until last night that she walked in the house like she saw a ghost."
"And since then she's been a little off."

"Yeah, I talked to her last night, she sounded a little weird. But she didn't tell me anything about it." Jessica said, realizing that she wasn't the only one that noticed Sasha's strange behaviour.

"But does she have someone?" Sofia bragged again, making Jessica shrug.
"I don't know girls. Even if she does I'm sure you don't know about it for a right reason. I'm sure if it's something serious she would tell you guys about it and meet you up."
"Yeah, but please just answer. She comes home sometimes smelling on men cologne and just looks like she is getting treated very well by certain someone." Rhianna basically bragged, wanting to make sure her hopes are actually true.

"Okay, I don't know. She never told me much about it. But she seems to me like she is seeing somebody. If I knew more about it I would tell you girls."
"Oh, okay. But don't tell her we asked."
"Yeah, she doesn't need to know we realized. We'll just wait for her to come around and tell us, we don't want to ruin her happiness."
"Okay, I won't."
"Pinky promise?"
"Pinky promise. Okay, I'll let you get ready now. I'm gonna go to living room."
"Alright. Just please make sure mom is okay."
"I will. Don't worry, she's in good hands."

Jessica smiled as she exited the room, walking to the kitchen where Sasha was.

"Hey, I brought you here some stuff. These should be put in the fridge, so you should put them before they are completely melted."
"Why did you buy anything Jes? You really didn't have to."
"Oh c'mon, it's just some stuff for kids. So, what's up?"
"Nothing really, I'm making some dinner here. Denton really loves it and wanted me to make it today."
"He grew up so much since the last time I saw him and it's been like a week or two."
"Yeah, he is growing fast now." Sasha smiled glancing over to her little boy. He was playing while watching TV.

"So what happened last night? You got me worried that something happened."
"Oh, nothing."
"Is it about Jaden?" Jessica asked as she walked closer so no one would hear them.

"Let's not talk about it now. At least until girls are out."
"I'm not gonna camp you here the whole day. Tell me what happened? Is it about him?"
"Ugh, yes."
"What happened? Did you break things off?"
"Well, no. He uh, he kind of blurted something out in the middle of sentence catching me off guard. And then he quickly apologized for it and basically ran away."
"What did he say?"
"That he's in love with me." Jessica's eyes widened as she looked at Sasha.

"Well, it wasn't unexpected. You could see he had a thing for you since the party in like January when you two were together basically whole night."
"He seemed to regret saying it."
"Maybe it's because he thought he scared you away. Or that it seemed like it was too early to say that. I mean, it's been a month or so."
"I don't know."
"On the real note, how are your feelings?"
"I don't know."
"Do you not know or are you just scared to admit it?"
"I mean, being in love is a strong word. I- I've been blinded before by something that I called love. How can I be so sure this is what love feels like?"
"Have you talked to him yet?"
"No. He hasn't texted me, nor I texted him. He usually texts me a 'goodnight' and a 'good morning' or something."
"And has he been in your shop?"
"No, no. He usually stops by."
"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm asking."
"Yeah, he didn't today. I don't know what to do."
"Maybe he is scared now that he ruined everything?"
"I don't know Jes. Let's just talk about something else."
"Okay. Oh, yeah, I had something to tell you. I talked to a friend yesterday, he owns a company and they need a receptionist or two to work. Payments are between 2 and 3 hundred. So I thought maybe you would be interested in it? You don't need to have some higher school except graduated high school, which you have."
"Jaden and I talked about it last night too."

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝