Chapter 39

April 12th, 2022

3RD PERSON

"Hi guys."
"Come over here." Jaden placed Connor on the couch before standing up.

"He got strained ankle, but it's not too serious. He'll stay 2 weeks in the bed and that's all."
"Oh, okay."
"Does it hurt?"
"A little yeah."
"Okay, I'll order pizza now for dinner. Is that alright?"
"Yes."

Jaden walked away and ordered enough pizza for them all.

Sasha was still genuinely shocked and confused by their talk in her house.

——

Kids were staying in the Mitchell house for the night, and then tomorrow they would all go back to their house, where they won't be scared to even breathe anymore.

Sasha wished kids goodnight as they were already in their rooms.

"So, uh, I'm gonna head home now. I'm going to throw away all Joseph's stuff and clean everything so when they come back home tomorrow we can start over again without his smelly stuff." Sasha chuckled as she stood on the front porch with Jaden who stood right in front of the doors.

"Okay, if you need help I'm here."
"Thank you. You too, it's gonna be messy with a kid who can't get out of the bed."
"Yeah. I will." Sasha hugged Jaden quickly.

But as they slowly started pulling away, their faces ended up really close. Both of them slowly started leaning in, their lips were only millimeters away. Two of them were wondering in their heads if it was a right thing to do, and if the other person wants the kiss too. Because it could just ruin everything between two of their families.

"I- I have to," Sasha pulled away, walking off to her car.

Jaden sighed as he watched her walk off, he was debating whether to stop her or not.

He decided just not to say anything as he watched her drive off very quickly.

He walked back in the house, going to his room. Once he made it to his bathroom he stripped down all his clothes and walked in the shower.

Feeling the hot water on his face and body, he threw his head back as he moved the hair out of his face.

This was extremely confusing to him. He knew that if they even start things, and they break up one day, it would ruin things between their kids.

It would probably make things weird between their kids right away. And he didn't want that. But he wanted Sasha.

He wanted to kiss her, hug her and wake up to her sleeping on his chest. And he couldn't help those feelings. He wasn't sure if he would be able to control his feelings for much longer.

Even thought about being in love with her came to his mind. Because every day he feels it stronger and stronger.

On the other side, Sasha's thoughts weren't much different from Jaden's.

She walked in the house and started cleaning, thinking about everything between Jaden and her.

She was pushing away the signs for too long, it was obvious her feelings would resurface once. And that once has probably already came.

Sasha was wondering if these feelings she has for him are signs of being in possible love with him. She wasn't sure how she should feel if she was in real love.

She wanted to kiss him so bad, but she didn't want to ruin her kids' friendship with his kids.

Those are only friends they have, and she doesn't want ruining only friendships her kids have.

——

"She broke up with you?" Roderick asked, making sure he heard Jaden right.
"Yes." Jaden said, looking at his friend that sat on the other side of the table.

"Why?" Madeline questioned, making Jaden look down at his cup.

"She said it's because she knows she can't compete with her. That I have feelings for another woman and she can't compete it."
"But you said you talked multiple times about Isabelle and she understood it."
"That's the thing."
"What?"
"It's not about Isabelle." Jaden answered, not daring to look up at Madeline or Roderick.

Madeline and Roderick looked at each other. They talked for few weeks already that it seems to them like Jaden is falling for Sasha. For real.

"Sasha?" Jaden gave them a slight nod, still not looking up.

"Why are you all sad now?"
"Because, I was trying to push them away whole time, and I thought they would pass away but they didn't. And I knew it yet I continued things with Linda. I hurt her so bad. And I'm hurting myself, because I know I can't have Sasha."
"Who told you you can't?"
"I know it, alright."
"Did you try?" Roderick asked, leaning in front as he held his cup.

Jaden wouldn't answer them. Two of them already had moments where they almost kissed, besides the last night.

"You did?"
"We almost kissed last night. And it's wasn't the first time we were in that situation. Well, first time that we were that close, but still."
"And?"
"I think we were both contemplating if we should kiss, but she pulled away and quickly rushed off to her car and drove to her home."
"Jaden."
"What?"
"I am almost 100% sure that her feelings are as strong as yours. I could see it in her eyes. I swear. But both of you are so scared. She maybe is even more. She just managed to get out of the manipulative, toxic, abusive marriage, it's nothing abnormal. You have to talk to her. You are both old enough, you are not teenagers. This isn't a teenage relationship. So don't pretend like it is. Talk to her. Tell her everything you feel and think, and see what happens. I'm sure she has things she would tell you too, but is as scared as you." Madeline stated, making Roderick agree with her.

"I agree hundred percent. You have to talk to her like two grown people you are. It's going to be so much easier, even if you decide you don't want to actually start anything."
"Okay, I might talk to her. But it's hard when she wants to be with her kids now and everything."
"Text her. Say you have to talk to her about something serious, and alone without anyone around. You can literally drive in you car and park somewhere, talk, and then what happens happens."
"Okay."

╚════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════╝