3

ARDEN KELLY

I'm totally screwed. How could you not drown in those big chocolate eyes? And that glorious smile. And don't get me started on that laugh, it awakens the butterflies in my stomach. I truly sound like an idiot. How will I survive five months in this house?

It's the next day and Havan, Melissa and I are going shopping to give my room my own twist. We won't be needed at the studio for another two days. So I've got enough time to adjust to my new home.

"Are you sure you want to pay for all of this? I could put some stuff back."

I feel bad about all the things I took, I don't want Melissa to spend that much money on me. Melissa gives me a reassuring smile and a soft 'don't worry'. 

 When we got back in the car, it didn't take Havan long to fall asleep. Maybe she didn't have a great night's sleep. Her head lulls in my direction and rests on my shoulder.

Smiling at the sight beside me I see Melissa watching us with a grin. I get shy and look at the houses outside the window. Listening to the soft music on the radio, feeling Havan nuzzling her head further in my neck.

"She probably pulled another all-nighter. I don't get how teenagers do it." Her mother sighs.

 A chuckle left my mouth. Hava stirs, her eyes slightly open. She rubs them and opens them fully. When she realises she's resting on my shoulder, she sits up straight really fast. Havan mumbles a quick 'sorry' and looks at her hands that lay in her lap.

"No big deal." I smile nicely. She looks me in the eyes and slightly bites her lower lip. Afterwards a short and nervous laugh escapes those pretty lips.

If only I could- Nope! I'm not doing this. Get yourself together Arden! What is up with you? I'm taking this too fast. I am supposed to work with her, she's my colleague. 

I'm thankful when the car stops moving. We get out and make our way to the house.

"I'll help you if you'd like." She speaks out softly, clearly still a bit flustered about the whole sleeping on my shoulder situation. I answer with a small 'thanks' as we go to my room. 

We start unpacking everything I bought, looking for a place where it fits perfectly. One of those things happens to be a record player. I smirk and Hava looks at me, knowing what I have in mind. She pulls out one of the vinyls that I like, places it on the record player and stands up.

Music starts booming around the room as she dances slowly, a big smile spread across her face.

"That's all they really want! Some fun!" Havan sings along while jumping around.

She reaches for my hand and giggles. "Come on, have some fun, you loser!"

I laugh and take her hand in mine showing my greatest dance moves. She twirls me around and looks me straight in the eyes. Jumping in circles and shouting the lyrics.

"OH, GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!"

I wonder if people outside could hear us, but all I can focus on is her beautiful voice and laughter. We fall back on my bed and look at eachother, laughing once more. 

"This is fun." There is this twinkle in her eyes when she laughs.

She breaks our eye contact and clears her throat. Havan rises from her spot and pulls me with her.

"Let's grab some snacks, shall we."

She doesn't know what she does to me. A single touch of her skin on mine makes bubbles arise inside of me. I don't know where these feelings come from. I've never felt this way before, especially for a girl...I can't like a girl, right? What is going on in my head?!