9

ARDEN KELLY

Truth or dare. We're sitting in a circle, a bottle in the middle. A towel is wrapped around my shoulders, my hair still wet. After playing loads of water games, we got all a bit bored, that's why we decided to go inside and do whatever comes to our minds.

Dana leans forward and spins the glass bottle. Whenever I play this game, I get nervous, I guess I'm scared that they'll ask or make me do something I'd actually don't want to. But every time I play it, nothing bad happens and I just get worried for no reason.

It keeps spinning, eventually it stops and points to Luca, who's right next to me. That was close. Dana clears her throat and speaks up; "Luca, truth or dare?"

Luca thinks for a moment, choosing what's best to do.

"Truth?" It comes out as a question.

A grin is plastered on Dana's face. She sits up straight, knowing exactly what her question for him is.

"Alright Luca, what would you do if you were a girl for one day?"

Luca scoffs, a smirk spreading on his lips.

"Probably wear some girly clothes to see how I look in them, use feminine perfume 'cause it smells so good, oh and touch my boobs!"

I gasp, hit his arm and scream 'dude'. The weird thing I realised after I hit him is that Havan did exactly the same thing. We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Luca spins the bottle, my nerves starting again. It goes slower and slower as seconds go by. It stops, and lands on Havan. Her cheeks turn slightly red.

"Hava, truth or dare?" A smile of mischief creeps up his lips.

"I-uhm, I choose...dare."

His eyes shoot to our other two friends in the circle. Smirks growing on their faces, oh lord.

"I dare you, to do seven minutes in heaven with Ard." That little bastard.

Havan and I stand up, making our way to an empty room. She closes the door behind us. Our eyes lock, hers staring deeply in mine. My eyes shift to her lips, she lightly bites down on them. I look away quickly, we can't do this again, it'll only make things harder for us.

I am taking a seat at the edge of the bed in the room.

"I think we need to talk."

She nods and sits down next to me. I stare at my hands, not knowing what to say first. My heart starts pounding when I open my mouth to say something, but Havan cuts me off.

"I just wanna say, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. Well actually I do know, I just-" She takes a deep breath. She glances at me as I give her a nod, signalling for her to continue.

"Look, I like you, that's all I know, I don't know if I like you more than a friend or something. My feelings are messing with me, and I'm sorry if this is all a bit overwhelming to you but I just need to get this off my chest. I don't know what I want, okay? I'm not ready for any kind of relationship or whatsoever. I'm not ready to accept myself for who I am."

Her breathing gets out of rhythm, her eyes start watering.

"I just, I've never felt this way before...about a girl. I need to figure out who I am, because I don't know, Arden. I don't know who I am and it's tearing me apart slowly."

Her voice breaks, small sobs escape her lips. A painful stab is felt in my heart. I pull her into a comforting hug, Hava's head falling in my chest, heavy breaths leave her lungs. I lean my head against hers, I hold her close.

"You don't need to know who you are, I still haven't decided what I am and what I want to do with my life, I don't know who I want to love. I just let my feelings go their own way. At our age, you don't need to know, okay? We get the time to explore who we are. I know some older people who still don't know who they are exactly."

I feel her warm tears against my neck, I rub her back, leaving a small kiss onto her head. Her red hair is kinda a mess, her hand palms resting on my shoulders.

"Can we forget about all this?" Hava's small voice asks.

She looks up, eyes red and wet. I nod and whisper; "If that makes you feel better, yes."

The thing 'Luca' said is quite normal I guess, remember they're all the age of 15-16, they're teenagers. I know guys this age would probably say that. If one of my guy friends would say that I'd laugh about it too. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

You can also always talk to me I respond rather quickly except for when I'm sleeping hahahaha. Share your opinions with me, this is a safe place. Remember to treat people with kindness and love yourself, Love - L

OH BTW! SHOULD I TRY AND MAKE A NEW COVER OR DO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS ONE?

I HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF A COVER I'D LIKE TO USE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!