5

DANA HEATH

AT THE STUDIO

The guys and I have been waiting for Cooper in the meeting room. He's ten minutes late! On our first table read with the new cast member. Well it doesn't really matter 'cause our new actor also known as Arden Kelly and our lovely superhero Volt are late too! What a start to the day. 

"Dana, relax. They probably overslept, you know how hard it is to get Hava out of bed." Terrence reassures me.

Then the door opens and Cooper appears. I give him a death stare after which he holds both his hands in the air.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I had to drop off Ripley at school. And there was loads of traffic." 

Cooper notices that Havan and Arden aren't present yet. The boys and I answer at the same time "They're not here."

The crew and Mike arrived not too long after. We waited another five minutes for the girls, but they didn't come. I wonder where they are. Mike decided to start and to no longer wait for them.

When we read the first page, Hava and Arden barge into the room. It caught everyone's attention. They both stood there, quite awkwardly.

The girls both take a seat at the huge table after apologizing. I hear Arden mutter under her breath; "What a great first impression."

Her lips form a thin line and I could tell that her late arrival was really bothering her. Before I could say anything, Havan squeezed her hand and gave her a small smile. The gesture warms my heart. I know Hava admitted that she thought Arden was cute but she can't deny she feels something more for her.

ARDEN KELLY

Mike speaks up; "Alright, now we're all here. Let's get started. First I want y'all to meet our new hero, Arden Kelly! She'll be playing the character of Eden Young A.K.A Novis. We don't know much about her yet but her character will be explained on the second page."

I don't know much about her either, all I know is that Eden's mother gave her the power of invisibility. As quick as I can be I turn to page two. Mike starts reading 'my' story out loud.

"When the members of Danger Force get an emergency call about a young girl held hostage by Betty Blades; they go and rescue her as soon as possible. When Brainstorm, Captain Man, ShoutOut and AWOL are busy fighting off the bodyguards, Volt takes a chance to save Eden. When she's freed the girl falls Volt in the arms, thanking her over and over again. As Volt tells Eden to stay back for her own safety, she disappears in a matter of seconds right in front of the eyes of the young superhero. What the team doesn't know is that they weren't the only ones with superpowers in that room." 

We go over all the scenes that are going to be taken in that episode. When Mike announced that the table read was over everyone clapped, all very excited to work on it. We get three days to know our lines and movements we need to make.

Mike and some other people called me to join them.

"We need you for some photos, that's all we need." I nod

A woman leads me to a dressing room, my dressing room. I'm going to be spending a lot of time here in between scenes, this room is also going to be my classroom for five months. She gives me a typical Nickelodeon outfit, if you know what I mean, it's more colourful than my usual clothes. The woman also takes my size for my super costume, all I know is that it's going to be black.
That same woman, who I learned the name of, Jules takes me to a space with cameras and a greenscreen. The photographer asked me to do some poses. Sometimes I had to smile, then be 'cool' and smile again. It was exhausting actually. Suddenly Dana's head popped from behind the door, she gave me a toothy smile.

"I was asked to join?" Her voice sounds unsure.

The photographer nods and tells her to take place next to me. I noticed that she changed her outfit. She poses with me, she's really good at this. She probably did it more often than I.

"Where are the others?" I ask her, wanting to know why only Dana had to do the shoot with me.

"Oh, they were needed for something else. You know what I've been thinking about? A sleepover, all five of us. Sounds good?"

I do want to get to know them a bit better. "Sure, when?"

"Tonight, my place. The others already know about it." She smiles, Dana had a really nice smile. She always looks so happy.

The photographer groans and says; "Could you please focus a little more on the shoot?"