11

ARDEN KELLY

"That was great guys! Arden, amazing for the first time acting!

Responding with a quick 'thank you', running to my dressing room. Stripping out of my outfit, putting on my comfy sweats and shirt. I grab my textbook and take a seat on the small couch that's placed in the corner of the room.

Next to acting I still need to learn stuff, after all I'm just fourteen. I sigh, not looking forward to this at all. I'm done filming today, the others aren't, but I still need to do my homework my 'teacher' gave me.

1 HOUR LATER

Dropping my pencil, being absolutely done with this maths problem. I stand up, going back to set. I hear Dana and Terrence talking, playing their act as twin brother and sister. Havan sitting on a chair a few metres away from the scene. Walking up to her and taking a seat in the empty chair besides her.

"Hi." I whisper quietly not wanting to disturb the filming.

Havan turns to me, a small smile on her lips.

"Hi."

Nothing else is said, we don't need to say anything. A comfortable silence is enough. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Mike taking a picture.

"Are you alright with me already posting a picture of you on set?"

I smile slightly, nodding my head; "Yeah, it's fine."

Wanting to turn back to Dana and Terrence acting, I can't help but notice how close Hava and I are next to each other. Our arms barely touch but I still feel the electricity radiating through my veins.

I know I should stop thinking about her that way. She isn't ready and I need to respect that. It's just so hard to ignore it. I have a thing for this girl, I just don't know exactly what. Of course I like her, she's pretty, funny, and a great friend!

"What about we watch a movie when we're done here?" She blurts out.

I jump out of my thoughts, she's looking at me directly.

"It's just a thought, if you do-"

I nod my head furiously; "Sure, why not?! It's a great idea."

A light blush spreads across her cheeks, a toothy smile appearing also.

"Okay- I - uh, yeah. It's gonna be fun."

She seems astounded, probably because she wouldn't have expected me to say 'yes' after our talk even though we agreed to leave that behind us. We still live together so we have to confront it, that might not be now but it will be some time.

"Cut! That's a wrap for today! Now, go home and enjoy your evening."

Havan and I stand up. I don't get much time to gather my things, 'cause Dana comes running towards me.

I hug her, she hugs back; "You did amazing, D! You too, Terrence."

Luca joins the group, being dressed in his usuals clothes again.

"What's up, gang? By the way, you did great, Dee Dee!"

My brows furrow after the nickname he gave me.

"Dee Dee?" I ask, trying not to erupt into laughter.

Luca shrugs his shoulders while looking at the others. He sees Havan forcing herself not to show her big smile.

"Yeah, Dee Dee. Earlier I called you Ardie so I thought of D but we already call Dana that. So why not Dee Dee?"

I nod slowly, still kinda confused.

Havan clears her throat and takes my hand.

"We should go, my mom's probably waiting for us. Bye guys."

I quickly wave goodbye and immediately follow her out the building. I spot Melissa in the parking lot. Jamming to a song that's playing on the radio.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Hava asks me as she opens one of the doors to the vehicle.

Shrugging my shoulders, I tell her I don't really care but prefer a scarier movie. As long as she likes it, I'm glad. Oh gosh, that was so cheesy. Damnit Arden, just stop it already.

When we're back at the house, Havan takes my hand again, squeezing it softly. A small smile forms its way on my face. Melissa's right behind us carrying grocery bags, she eyes us with a proud look. This warm feeling spreads through my body. Havan makes me so happy.

I'M NOT REALLY PROUD OF THIS ONE BUT WELL YEAH GUESS I'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ALRIGHT. YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO ME IF YOU WANT TO. LOVE - LINDEN