4

ARDEN KELLY

Staring at the ceiling, not feeling able to sleep. I feel a bit nervous about tomorrow. I slip out of bed, walk towards the door. The doorknob feels cold under my touch, I twist it to the right and walk out into the hallway. I stand in front of the door with a big letter H on it. My knuckles are about to touch the wood but I hesitate.

What if she's asleep already? She did tell me that I could come to her whenever I'm bored or can't sleep. I carefully knock on the door waiting for an answer. It slowly opened and stood right in front of me was the gorgeous soul herself.

"Hi, what's wrong?" Her eyes are tiny, she tries to rub the sleep out of them. I instantly feel bad for waking her up.

"I'm so sorry for waking you, I can't sleep and I'm nervous because of tomorrow. You also told me I could always come to you if something was wrong but I didn-" I ramble but Havan cuts me off.

"Ar, It's okay, don't worry. Come on in." She opens the door wider and lets me in. She goes to her bed and lifts the sheets. I stand in the middle of her room not knowing what to do.

"What are you waiting for? Get in." Hava invites me. I lay next to her and turn on my side and notice she's already looking at me. She yawns and looks at me questioningly.

"What are you so nervous about?" Her soft voice is soothing.

I shrug and say; "I don't know, I'm just worried that I will embarrass myself."

She smiles softly. "Why would that happen? And if something happens, so what? Everyone at the studio can be a bit of an idiot." A laugh leaves her mouth. 

"Now close your eyes and sleep, else we'll both be zombies on the set." She mutters while placing her hand before my eyes. I giggled, taking her hand away.

I whisper a quiet 'okay'.

Havan closes her eyes, her long lashes resting on her cheeks.

"You're staring. Now sleep!" She whisper yells.

 I keep giggling,my cheeks turning red because she caught me. She shoots me a glare. Havan takes me in her arms and rests her head on top of mine.

"Oh so now you're quiet. You're unbelievable."

I hum in response and try to get closer to her warmth. Her scent smells like flowers and vanilla. We're just two friends sleeping in the same bed. Nothing more. 

NEXT MORNING

The deafening sound of an alarm clock gives me a heart attack.

"I'm going to throw that thing out of the window one of these days." Grumbles a voice from behind me.

I hide underneath the sheets and groan when I feel her get out of bed.

"C'mon, Swellview awaits for Volt and Novis!" She says in a narrative voice.

How did she go from a grumpy teenager to an optimistic person? Suddenly I feel a pair of hands grasp my leg. I grab the sides of the bed and scream. Let me just say that I'm not exactly a morning person.  

"Alright sleepyhead, get up or I'll carry you to the kitchen." Hava sighs.

"I don't see any problem with that."

Out of nowhere she takes hold of me and places me on her back. Honestly, I feel like a backpack. She moves to the kitchen and puts me down on a chair.

"Thank you, H!" She chuckles at my sudden awakeness.

Melissa notices that we're awake and gives us some cereal. After we ate she told us to get ready to leave for the studio. I put on a hoodie and jeans, still casual but a little more dressed up than usual.

"I'm excited to see the others again and meet the rest of the crew." My nerves are coming back and Havan notices that.

"Trust me, they'll love you." She smiles.

Her smile makes me feel happy, I'm glad she'll be by my side. She is the only one that I've kind of created a bond with.

I love this chapter so much, personally I think it's so cute. Love, Linden