14

ARDEN KELLY

NEXT MORNING

I squeeze my eyes more shut as I feel the warm sun shine down on me. Blindly reaching out for my phone on my nightstand. I hold the device above my head, finally opening my eyes.

My phone is blowing up, notification after notification comes popping on the screen. Maybe I should listen to Havan. I go to my Instagram and see tons of new followers. Damn, good morning.

I turn my phone back off and turn to the side to see my many posters. I groan and stretch, then sit up, today's lazy day. My thoughts get interrupted by the ringing of my phone. Seriously? I check the caller's ID, to see it's Dana.

"Hey girl, you up?" She asks excitedly.

A smirk appears on my face.

"No, I'm fast asleep. Of course I'm awake, else I wouldn't answer, right?"

She laughs on the other side of the phone.

"I had something great in mind. We have a day off, the weather is nice, so why not a beach day?"

I gasp, absolutely loving the idea. I nod even though Dana can't see me.

"That would be amazing, I'll tell Hava right away. See you Dana, love you!"

Once I hung up, I sprinted out of my room. Going to the chamber on my left. I barge in Havan's room without knocking, seeing a view that won't leave my mind for a long time.

She's cuddled up in her sheets, eyes still closed, calmness taking over her expression. One side of her face squished to the mattress of her bed.Bob Lee lying next to her nuzzled in her side. He slowly lifts his tiny head.

"Good morning, buddy." I stroked behind his ears, earning a small noise from the cat.

She looks so peaceful. The urge of stroking her hair out of her face is hard to ignore. Taking light steps towards her, my heart starts beating faster. I hate that she has this effect on me.

I place my hand softly on her upper arm and start shaking her slightly.

"Havan, wake up."

She groans and slowly opens her eyes.

"Arden? What time is it?"

I smirk as I see her tired brown eyes staring up at me.

"Time to get up. Come on, we're going to the beach!"

She sits up, dragging her hands across her face, trying to rub off the sleep. I spin around going back to my room. A smile grew on my lips as I placed a record on my record player.

"I heard you sold the Amazon."

I grab some shorts and a bikini, making my way to the bathroom. While dancing to the music, I hear shuffles down the hall. Seems she's finally out of bed.

The hot water streams down my back, giving me chills. I soap in my body and sing along with the lyrics.

"I heard he lives down a river somewhere."

Havan's voice took me off guard, I froze. I take a glimpse from behind the wall to see her putting toothpaste on her toothbrush.

"Don't worry, I won't look."

She somehow realised I was peering at her. Havan dances on the beat in an odd way, making me laugh.

"Well he talks like an angel, but he looks like me!" She sings.

She's got such an amazing singing voice....

I wash my hair out, jumping around in the shower.

"Oh Lord! What have I become?" I scream in a high pitched voice.

To see Hava's reaction, I peek from behind the wall again to see her already looking my way. Her eyes wide, mine squinted with regret, they meet. At that moment she erupts in laughter, spitting out the leftover toothpaste that was still in her mouth, in the sink.

"What was that!?" She snorts.

I hide back behind the showerwall, feeling embarrassed. I turn off the shower, stick out my arm in an attempt to grab my towel.

"I'm sorry that I can't sing like you! Also, could you please pass me my clothes?"

I stare at the damp, colourful tiles on the wall, creating a beautiful mosaic. Havan's hand comes into sight, the other one in front of her eyes, causing me to giggle.

"Thanks, love."

Her footsteps fade away but stop at the door.

"You're welcome, darling." She singsongs in the most English way she ever could, slightly mocking me.

HI, I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS ONE. IT'S NOT ONE OF MY FAVOURITES BUT THAT DOES'NT MATTER. BTW DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A LOOK AT MY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST OF WOMEN, WHENEVER THERE'S A SONG INCLUDED IN A CHAPTER IT'S IN THE PLAYLIST LIKE THIS ONE. IT'S CALLED 'BRAZIL'. MY SPOTIFY IS L1ND3N.