8

LUCA LUHAN

My feet are dangling over the edge of Dana's swimming pool. Sun burning on my back. The smell of sunscreen and lemonade fills my nostrils.

"When are the girls going to be here?" Terrence asks, floating around in the water.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know man, they should be here any minute."

Dana's voice is heard a couple feet away, I turn my head to see the three girls entering the backyard. The first thing I notice is that Havan and Arden are oddly quiet. I can feel the tension rising among us, what happened to them?

"Hi, girls! Care to join?" Terrence requests.

Arden puts down her bag and kicks off her sneakers. A smile appeared on her lips; "Sure, let me get changed real quick. Dana, can you lead me to the bathroom?"

The two of them went back inside, and Havan left with us. She sits down next to me, looking kind of sad and confused. I raise my eyebrows in a questioning way.

"Okay, what happened between you two? I can see something's off. I might be a boy but I'm not that oblivious."

She shrugs her shoulders, keeping her focus on the water. A sigh leaves her mouth, when Hava finally looks at me. 

"I think I messed up." She softly says.

Now I'm getting worried.

"What do you mean 'you messed up'?"

Havan takes another deep breath and plays with her fingers.

"I almost kissed her..." I hear her mumble, my eyes widening in shock.

I've known Havan for a while now and I know she's a bit too shy to take the initiative, especially this early after meeting someone.

"What!? Wait, how did she react? Did she take it well? She probably didn't 'cause you would have kissed already."

Her eyes widen at my comment and she hits me in a joking way.

"Luca!", she pauses and looks in front of her, "I don't know, she leaned in too but I got scared and pulled back, leading to me running out of her room. She said it was fine, but I don't feel so good about it. I mean in what way does she see me? I don't even know how I see her, I got carried away in the moment." She says truthfully.

Now's my turn to sigh, I place my arm around her shoulder, hugging her into my side.

I speak up; "All I know is that, that girl likes you, H. You should see the looks she gives you."

Hava stares at me questioningly. I chuckle and continue; "Hell yeah, I've only seen her twice, I wonder how she looks at you when you guys are alone."

 A blush makes its way on her cheeks, a giggle escaping her lips. Oh yeah, she definitely likes Arden. I shake my head, laughing a bit.

"I'll try and talk to her later tonight. Thank you for listening to me, Lu- Aghhh! Terrence!" Her sentence gets interrupted by Terrence splashing water in our direction.

"You guys do realize I'm still here, right?"

I fake an angry look and jump into the pool, tackling him, so he disappears under water. I wave to Hava, inviting her over to join us. She stands up and starts undressing, revealing her dark blue bathing suit underneath her black clothes, she jumps in.

When she reaches the surface, she smoothes her dyed red hair back. Her eyes opened to the sight of Arden and Dana dressed up in their swimming gear too. 

HAVAN FLORES

She looks stunning. Her green orbs fixate on me when she makes her way down the steps, shrieking from the touch of the cold water.

"Son of a- why is it so cold!?" Arden gasps.

I laugh, already adjusting to the freezing cold water. Arden gives me a small smile and starts swimming, starting to get used to it too.  She leaned against the edge of the pool, enjoying the sun on her face. I moved next to her, watching Dana get on a floatie. I don't know what to say to Ard, it already feels a bit awkward standing next to her but I want to try and act normal around her. It's my fault anyways, I risked our friendship, my mind is messing with me; I don't know what I want.

I'm not sexualizing Havan with the bathing suit thing, for the people who thought it was a bit weird idk. It's just a bathing suit, I don't mean anything wrong with it, thank you. Love - L

OH BY THE WAY! CAN WE TALK ABOUT HAVAN AT THE KCA'S?!?! LIKE- JUST LOOK AT HER! SHE IS SO PRETTY!!!!