𝟏𝟏

CINDY

When I woke up this morning, my first thought wasn't that I'd end up in the hospital today to watch my mother push an eight inch monster out of her vagina.

But I guess my life has been eventful enough lately. It's only natural that my little sister decided to come just a month after everything that happened. Good for her, though. Being productive before she's even come up for air. Cute. Original, even.

Mom and Dad are leaving Baby unnamed until they figure out what suits her. That's what they did with us, so for now the baby is just Baby.

Speaking of babies, I just realized that while my little sister is five minutes old, her soon to be niece is three to four months into development.

God, now I want to put Ms. Unnamed Until Further Notice back inside my mom. That's just weird. They'll probably be in the same grade. Ew.

Ew, ew, ew.

"What do you think about Clara?" Dad suggests to my mom.

She shakes her head, smoothing her hand over Baby's head.

"No. We already have two C's. Cole and Cindy. Clara would be too much."

"With a K, then? Or another D."

My mom looks at my dad like she wants to murder him.

"Why do you say that like a statement? 'Another D'—yeah, right. And shut up with that Clara, K-Lara bullshit."

All of us siblings share a knowing look. It's the look we all get when Mom's rare attitude comes into play. I think even Baby side-eyes us.

"Birthing makes you grumpy." Dad says teasingly, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

She rolls her eyes. "My vagina just got ripped in half for the fourth time. Excuse me if I'm not being the kindest, love."

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. You did too good to be punished."

"Thank God." That comes from multiple of us. Yes, even Baby mumbles. Ha.

This amount of people in one room is starting to give me a migraine. Dahlian being the mature man that he is and trying to give me a wet willy isn't helping either, so I tell everyone that I'm heading into the hall.

For some reason, nausea hits me hard. I place my hand on my stomach and hunch over, debating whether or not I should start beating my kid now or later. Kidding, but jeez. This thing might as well be trying to work it's way up my insides or something.

I groan before standing up straight. Attracting attention is the last thing I want, so I head to sit down in the waiting room.

It's not a huge area, so I expect a bunch of family and friends belonging to random people to be there. But there are only about two other people in here.

Some guy is rubbing his hand up and down his calf. Then, the woman on the opposite side of the room is crying into her phone.

Strangers crying makes me uncomfortable, so I take a seat across from the guy with the hurt leg.

I lean my head back, shutting my eyes.

I've already become one of those soon-to-be moms that touch their stomach for comfort. Even though I'm pretty sure the little demon is the cause of my sudden sickness, I keep my hand where it is.

"Well, that's a development."

With a frown, I open one eye to look at who has just disrupted my peace.