𝟐𝟒

LEVIN

I'm not promising you shit, Levin.

What did she mean by that? I guess it's obvious what she meant by that, but why did she say that?

Last night, I didn't think much of it. In fact, I laughed. But now I'm freaking out.

I fell asleep on the couch last night—we both did. We watched Disney movies until three in the morning, and I woke up to her basically sprawled across me. I fell asleep sitting, woke up that way. She fell asleep sitting, woke up to me trying to get her legs off of me so I could go pee.

Anyway, she didn't sound like she was trying to be rude, and I honestly can't tell if she was serious. Is she ever serious?

I take a seat at the counter, eyes narrowed at her.

"Stop looking at me like that," she says, her back turned to me as she grabs us some plates. "You'll make my head explode."

"Maybe that's my intention."

She snorts, turns to me, and says:

"What did I do?"

"'I'm not promising you shit, Levin.'" I mock in a high pitched voice.

She chuckles, setting a plate down in front of me. I serve myself some leftover tacos while I continue to glare at her.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?" She asks, ignoring my mockery.

Because I'm a sucker and would agree to anything she asked me to do, or anything she offered me, I nod.

Her whole face lights up. "Really?"

When I nod again, she makes this excited little noise, clapping her hands.

I take a huge bite of my food.

"Where are we going?" I ask with my mouth full.

❄︎❄︎❄︎

After we eat, we talk for a while. Cindy said she doesn't want to go walking as soon as she's done eating, and even though I don't mind, she insisted I stay sitting with her.

So, we talk about nothing but everything for the next hour.

Cindy gets up to go change, asking me if I have gym clothes. And if my job wasn't my job, then maybe I would have told her I don't, but I do.

She tells me that I can change in the bathroom in the hall if I want, so I go get my clothes from my car.

When I come back, she's leaning against the kitchen counter in a matching sports bra and shorts.

I don't mean to be a creep, but her ass looks amazing in those shorts. It's not like I have to look, but I can't help it.

"These shorts are so flattering. I'm this close to taking a bunch of pictures of my ass, Levin."

"Mm-hmm..." I clear my throat. "Flattering."

She turns to look at me. "What?"

"It's just... Maybe flattering isn't the word."

"Are you trying to tell me that my ass doesn't look good."

I roll my eyes. Her ass always looks good.

Not that I'm douchey enough to regularly peek at her butt or anything. That would not be very friend-like, and we're so friendly.

"You'd look hot in a garbage bag, and you know it."