𝟑𝟔

CINDY

Dad's been texting all week, asking about when he can come over to paint my baby's name in his room. After I told him and Mom I found the name, they just want to help me wrap everything up.

Baby's going to be here so soon and there are so many tiny details, but now that I have the big stuff figured out, I feel like I can rest. I'm not too worried about putting the very last finishing touches on everything. Like a hospital bag.

"You don't even have any bags." Levin comments as I go to feed him a bite of my sandwich.

I shrug. "I have my purses."

"Yeah, but you'll need more space, baby." He pauses to chew. "I can buy you one."

That's an instant no from me. I start shaking my head like a maniac. He only ever has permission to buy me food. I hate when he spends on me.

"I'll go get one eventually. Just not right now. I've been stressing about the baby's room for what feels like forever, but now that that's done..." I trail off, stepping toward him and wrapping my arms around his shoulder. Levin grins, putting his hands on my hips. "I get to enjoy my boyfriend." I finish.

He juts out his bottom lip like I've said the sweetest thing and then kisses me once. His arms snake around my waist and he holds me as close as he can.

"You smell so good," I tell him, burying my nose in his shirt. "Are you using something new?"

"Yeah, do you like it?"

"I wanna bathe in it." I mumble.

He squeezes me tight, rocking us from side-to-side until I have to stop him because this tiny human in my belly makes everything about five times harder.

We stay hugging each other for a few moments. Him rubbing my back and me rubbing his. I pull away first just to look at him when he speaks up.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?" He asks.

And, duh, I'm instantly beaming. I nod excitedly, asking for more details just with my eyes.

"So, it's Chris's birthday this weekend, and he's having a little get together. I don't know how you'd feel about it seeing as you want to rest and everything, though, so..."

That last sentence comes out teasingly. I roll my eyes at him. Is he joking? I want to be with him 24/7. I wish to literally be attached to him at all times.

I groan. "You're soooo annoying. But I like you enough to let it pass, I guess."

"You love me, you mean."

I'm not saying it again until he says it, so I lift my chin defiantly like I'm a child. And he laughs at me, kissing my cheek because he knows I'm not gonna say it.

"So? Does that sound good?" He questions, searching my eyes with his own sparkly ones. And my face. And my body... Why is he looking at me like that? "It's not a huge thing, just close friends and drinks at his place. So, if you need to rest, you're good. Or we can leave whenever. My place isn't too far from there."

I tilt my head up, silently asking for him to kiss me. He does. Just a little one.

"That sounds amazing."

And then, because I can't take it anymore, I cover his eyes with the palm of my hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks through that stupid giggle of his.

"You're looking a me like you want to eat me." And I don't mean that in a sexual way. In fact, I'm thinking of those cartoons where they're so hungry that they start imagining their friends as fried chicken.