Chapter 27

***Loki***

"I.......love.......you"

Claire's whisper echos through the entire room, bouncing against the walls and coming back to me. Her body lays lifeless on the table, her now dull eyes staring right at me. Tears stream down my face, and suddenly I am filled with an unmeasurable anger.

"SKUGGAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I shout, and I strain against my chains. He just chuckles, and shakes his head at me.

"Those are çelik bars, forged by the fire giants. You will never break free." He taunts, and I watch as he takes out a blue dagger, whose blade is hollow. He hovers over Claire, and I instantly stiffen.

"What is that for?" Barton says, his voice rough with emotion.

"Well dear Barton, your little sister is carrying something very special in her body. A rare energy, identical to the tesseract but so much stronger. Unlimited energy, the ability to transport anywhere, the possibilities are endless. I would have taken it without killing her, but the energy had already bonded with her and it was the only way. And killing her was faster, extracting the energy would have taken weeks." He says casually, pressing the dagger against her skin. A blue light rises into the blade, but it stops before it is full.

"What!! This cannot be all!?!?!" Skuggad says in confusion, but no more light fills the blade. Suddenly, surprising all of us, Claire's body dissolves into little pieces of light. They float up to the roof, until none of us can see them.

"Perhaps you hadn't planned this out as well as you should have." I say, smirking.

"Be quiet, fool!" He thunders, and presses the dagger against his neck. The light transfers from the blade into his veins, and his eyes turn light blue.

"So this is what it feels like...unlimited power!" He says, and the floor starts to shake. The floor disconnects from the walls and starts to rise. We rise higher and higher, until we start to see a speck of light.

"Where are we going?" Barton shouts over the noise, and I smirk.

"The roof, apparently." I say, watching as the light grows larger and larger. Finally, with a burst of sunlight, we fly into the sky.

"By Odin..." I whisper, looking down around us. The ground is a bloody mess of Asgardians and Fire Giants, in the midst of war. A roar fills the air and I see Hulk charging through the giants, tossing them away as if they are twigs. Black Widow and Captain America are fighting as a team, steady adding to the growing count of the dead. Thor bashes through the giants, and Iron Man flies overhead, shooting them down like flies. But I cannot help but notice the sheer numbers of giants compared the the Avengers and the Asgardians. The groans of the the dying and the clash of weapons fill the air, and I can't help but be sickened by the carnage.

"Look at what your greed has caused!" I shout, straining to reach Skuggad from my chains.

"Does the number of people who will die in this battle mean nothing to you? Think of the families who will lose someone! Of the fathers, mothers, sisters, and brothers who will never return home! Have you become so blinded through your pride and hatred as to ignore the cry of the soldier as he dies for an unworthy cause?" I continue, the cries of pain filling my ears.

"Do not preach to me, fool!" Skuggad shouts, blasting me back with energy.

"If I remember correctly, you have been no saint yourself. Who caused the death of thousands of Midgardians in the attack on New York? The funerals went on for days I was told. Who tried to destroy the Jotun, his own race, because of jealousy? They have been a crippled race since, hardly a tenth of what they were. And because of what? Jealousy, hatred, and insecurity! Hardly sufficient reasons to massacre a race." He says smirking, his word pile guilt on my shoulders and I slowly sink to the ground.