Chapter 9

***Claire***

I wake up to the setting sun, and my head on Loki's chest. He breathes evenly, sleeping like a baby. I lay there with my eyes closed, and I relax to the sound of Loki's breathing. The setting sun warms me, and the cool breeze blows in my hair. I look up into Loki's sleeping face, and study it. His face is peaceful, with a small smile gracing his mouth.

"It's impolite to stare, you know." He says, opening one eye and looking down at me. I blush, caught, and look down again. He chuckles and I look back up at him, confused.

"Now not that I don't love this position, but dinner will be served soon, and I don't think it would do for you to miss it." He smirks, and I look at our positions. His arms are wrapped around my waist, my right hand is on his chest, and our legs are intertwined. I pull my legs away, but stay laying down. I cuddle into his chest, not wanting to leave his comforting warmth and head into the overbearing and loud hall, full of prissy Asgardians.

"Do we have to go?" The words sound childish, and I wish that I can take them back. I stare up at him with big eyes, something that always worked on Pamela. He seems to hesitate for a minute, but then his face lights up with amusement.

"Do want to help me pull a prank on Rita and Fandril? They are going to be alone after dinner, and I want to have some fun. We can have dinner in the library, we don't have to go to the great hall." I smile.

"That sounds like fun." I close my eyes again, and Loki groans.

"Come on Claire, we have to get up."

"No we don't." I murmur from his chest. He shifts, and gets up. I pout slightly, my warm pillow is gone. He stands and stretches, yawning. I watch him from one of my eyes, my face stuffed into a pillow.

"Come on, up Claire." I shake my head, and pull the blankets over my head. He sighs, and then he make the blanket disappear.

"Hey." I complain, and then screech as he picks me up. Again.

"If you don't choose to get up, I will be forced to drop you in the pond." I stare at him with wide eyes, and jump out of his arms.

"I'm up." I adjust my dress, pulling up the top which had slipped down a little. I feel Loki's eyes on me, and I hug myself subconsciously. I look up at him, and he is staring at me with an odd look on his face.

"What?" He blinks, and clears his throat.

"Ahh, nothing." I turn around and grab the pillows, only to have them disappear. Loki walks next to me, and we walk in comfortable silence until we reach the palace.

"Finally!! You just disappeared for several hours! I ended up being stuck with Fandril for the whole time!" Rika says, latching onto me as soon as we enter. I fall over, as my small skinny body is nothing compared to her warrior frame, and I hit the back of my head on the floor.

"Ow." I say, blinking away the tears. She scrambles off me, and Loki helps me up. My body starts to shake, and I start having trouble breathing. Loki picks me up, and runs with me to my room, where we had left my medicine and breather. Gasping for air, I feel my lungs constrict, and it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. He connects me to the bag, and straps the breather on me. My breathing calms down, and I take deep breaths.

"Better?" His eyes are full of worry, and I nod.

"I went too long. I should have put the needle in an hour ago." I smile at him, and lay down on the sofa, hitting the back of my head. Pain shoots through my head, reminding me of my fall earlier, and I hiss. Loki seems to notice it also, and he gently leans my head forward.