Chapter 11

***Claire***

"Darling, wake up." I hear a voice say, and it takes me a minute to identify it as Loki's. I smile, remembering last night, but then I turn over and try to fall asleep again.

"Darling, you have to wake up so that you can examined by the doctors." I turn to face him and open my eyes, squinting when the bright light hits them. My eyes adjusted, I open them to face Loki, who is sitting on the bed with a small smile. I smile at him, and he presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Do I have to?" I ask, putting on puppy eyes. He just closes his eyes, and starts pulling the blankets off.

"Yes." I grab the glass of water by my bedside and lean towards Loki, who still has his eyes closed.

"Fine."I say, and then dump the water over him. His eyes spring open in shock, and I crawl over to the other side of the bed, laughing.

"You are going to pay for that, you little minx." He says, and starts crawling towards me. Giggling, I dodge all his attempts to catch me but he finally corners me in the corner. Still laughing, I watch as he approaches, his face lit with a mischievous smile. He puts both his arms on the walls, effectively cutting off every escape route. I giggle, looking at his wet hair.

"Now, what am I going to do with you?" He says, and I just smile innocently.

"What did I do?" I ask, batting my eyelashes. He leans forward, and shakes his hair, water spraying all over me.

"Ewww! Wet dog!" I say, and scramble under his arms and off the bed.

"Get back here!" He says, and proceeds to chase me around the room. Sarah enters the room, and is greeted by the sight of Loki chasing me around the sofa.

"Sarah! Help me!" I say, slightly out of breath. She chuckles, and rolls up her sleeves. Loki stops and backs away.

"Sarah! I must say you look beautiful today," He says, trying to sweet talk his way out of this.

"Enough, young man. You have gotten Claire up, which was your purpose in coming in here. You have proceed to make her exert herself, and she hasn't even had breakfast. Shoo." She says with a stern look, and Loki walks to the door.

"I'll be here in an hour and a half to pick her up." He says, and blows me a kiss. I blush, and he laughs, leaving the room.

"Now come on, you need to bathe." She says, a knowing twinkle in her eye. I blush again, she had caught the kiss Loki had blown me. I jump in, causing the water to go everywhere.

"Good Heavens Child!" Sarah says, and I look to see I have covered her in water.

"Oops." I say sheepishly, a smile tugging at my lips.

"I don't think being with Loki is having a good influence on you." She teases, and just smirk.

"We'll see about that." She just stares at me, and shakes her head.

"You even smirk like him." I smile at that, thinking back to Loki's smirk. Sarah dumps a bucket of warm water over me, and I splutter as it gets into my eyes and mouth.

"Hey!" I say, and she smirks back at me.

"I warned you, but you were too busy daydreaming about Loki to notice." I blush, and she starts washing my hair. I lean back and relax, sighing in pleasure. Her gentle hands work the shampoo in my hair, my scalp tingling. I love it when people play with my hair or rub my scalp. It just calms me and causes all my worries to go away. WIth my hair washed and towel dried, I dry myself off and cover myself with a wrap. I walk over to the closet, and look at all the dresses. Frigga had commissioned her dressmaker to make a closet full of clothes for me, and they are as varied as the types of sausage in Germany.