Chapter 15

***Claire***

I wake up to Rika running into my room and jumping on my bed. I yawn, and rub at my eyes.

"Why are you here so early?" I ask, looking at the clock. I take a look at her nervous but excited face, and I remember.

"Oh my gosh, you are getting married today!" I say, sitting up and giving her a hug.

"Yep, and we need to get ready!" She says, dragging me out of bed. I reach for a robe, and I wrap it around myself. I take in her wild hair and mismatched slippers.

"Is someone in a hurry?" I tease, and she blushes.

"Just hurry up!" She takes my hand and drags me out of the room, barely giving me any time to put my slippers on. Once we reach her room she plops me down on the sofa, and leaves again to return with a grumpy looking Sif and another girl, Mariah. Moments later Thor knocks at the door, and a woman enters.

"Are you Jane Foster?" I ask, my eyes going wide.

"Thor's mystery girlfriend? No way!" Rika says, popping her head over from behind the sofa.

"Yes, I am Jane Foster. You must be Rika, congratulations on your wedding." She says, coming over and shaking Rika's hand.

"Darling, I do hugs." Rika says in a southern accent, a very bad one, and pulls Jane into a hug. Frigga comes into the room, laughing at Rika.

"Someone is excited." She says, going up to Rika and giving her a hug.

"I'm getting married, I'm getting married." Rika chants, before calling all the maids in. I look with caution at Agatha, who still looks down her nose at me. Making a face at her, I turn to Rika.

"Now come on, get into the tub so that Sarah can make you look pretty." I say, laughing softly. She just stands there in la la land, so I give her a firm shove towards the tub. She stumbles and trips on her nightgown, falling headfirst into the bathtub. She sputters and coughs, and I laugh.

"You will regret that later, oh annoying human." She says, and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Alright girls, no fighting. Claire, Sif, Jane, and Mariah into the other tubs." Sarah says, helping Rika out of her wet nightgown and into the tub properly. I get one next to Rika's, and Jane takes the one on my other side.

"So you must be the miracle girl, Claire." Jane says, turning and looking at me.

"I guess that would be me." I laugh, and then shut my mouth as a maid dumps a bucket of water over my head. For the next hour we are scrubbed, steamed, soaped, and rinsed enough times to make a germaphobe happy.

"My skin is so pink." Mariah says, looking at her face in the mirror. Mariah is brown haired, with blue eyes and freckles. We are all bridesmaids, and all the guys are groomsmen. Sif is paired with Hogan, Jane with Thor, Mariah with Volgstagg, and myself with Loki.

"That will go away eventually." Sarah says, getting started on my nails while Frigga does Rika's. My nails are a pretty mint color, with gold decorations. I sit still while my hair and makeup is being done, and then I get into my dress. Walking out, I go over to Rika, who seems to be having a nervous breakdown.

"What if he changes his mind? What if he doesn't want me any more? He could have found someone else!" She says, starting to panic for the fifth time today.

"Trouble with the bride yet?" I hear Loki's voice in my head, and I sit up.

"Okay, that's weird." I think, and I hear him chuckle.

"Just me projecting myself into your thoughts." He says, and I can feel his smirk.

"Yes, there is trouble with the bride. She is now freaking out for the fifth time!" I think, exasperated.