Chapter 4

***Claire****

I sit on my bed, processing what Pamela has just told me. I am going to Asgard with Thor and Loki, two famous gods. Of course, any normal girl would be jumping at the chance to go. But then, I am no normal girl.

"You will be ok. Loki is going to do his best to help you." She says, stroking my hair.

"Are you sure you can't come?" I say, holding her hand.

"I would come if I could, but Odin was very firm in the fact that only you could come."

"Well he does not sound very nice. What if he doesn't like me? What if he sends me back and Loki can't help me?" She laughs.

"I'm sure he will like you. There is no way anyone could not like you." I sigh.

"But I will be all alone. I won't have you or Natasha. Everyone will be strangers. Who will I trust?"

"Trust your instincts. If you have a bad feeling about someone, leave. You can trust Thor and Loki. They are, after all, helping you." Natasha comes in.

"It is time for you to go." I reach my hand out and she takes it, helping me out of the bed. I can go without the drip and breather for an hour. Thor has gone ahead to get them set up in Asgard. Holding onto her hand and Pamela's shoulder, I slowly walk across the floor.

My muscles are stiff and weak from lack of use. Eventually Natasha picks me up and carries me. I hold on to her as we walk through multiple corridors. We reach the door to the outside. I hear the rushing of wind and water, and then we step outside. The wind blasts my face, and curls around my toes. The air is stuffy, and thick without my breather. She walks to Loki.

"You need to carry her. She is not strong enough to walk on her own at a steady pace." He nods, and I am transferred to a pair of strong, muscular arms. Pamela smooths my hair and kisses my forehead.

"Be good ok?" I nod, too exhausted to talk. She and Natasha go back inside, and I curl up to Loki.

"Hold on." He says, and I am taken aback by his voice. I put my arms around his neck, and hold on with as much force as I can muster. It is gentle and soft, with a hint of an accent. A golden light surrounds us, and I feel a small pull as we travel to Asgard. A shiver runs through my body. The golden light fades, and Loki exits into a golden ball thingy.

"Welcome, mortal, to Asgard." A voice says, and I turn my head to look at the speaker. I see a dark-skinned man in golden armor, with a huge sword. I shrink from the man, and press myself against Loki.

"H-h-hello." I stutter, staring at his sword. Loki chuckles.

"Forgive her lack of manners, Heimdal. She is shy." At first I feel offended by what he said, but them he looks down at me and I see he is joking.

"Come, lets get you to your room." Still holding me, he walks up to the palace. After the initial shock of the palace, I notice something. I can breath more easily. I take a deep breath, but then my body is wracked with coughs, reminding both of us I needed to get inside.

We enter the palace and find my room. I gasp at the size of it. It is freaking huge! The curtains are a beautiful forest green, along with the bed sheets. There is a huge bed in the corner, and Loki gently places me on it, and goes to the door.

"I have to get a few things. I will be right back. Are you ok being by yourself for a little bit?" I nod, and go back to admiring the room. The door shuts, and suddenly I feel scared. Well duh, you are by yourself in a scary new place. I stroke the sheets, wondering at how soft they are. The door opens again, and I look up, expecting to see Loki. Because of this, I am very surprised to see two women walk in, each with something in their hands.