Chapter 17

***Claire***

"Director Fury?" I ask, walking up behind him.

"Yes Miss Barton?" He answers, not turning his head from his screens.

"I wanted to know if Clint could take a little time off so that we could spend sometime together." I say, shuffling my feet nervously. His powerful presence always makes me nervous and I feel like I am two feet tall.

"Request granted. Tell him he can spend as much time with you as he needs." He turns to me, and I see the faintest hint of a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Thank you Sir." I say, grinning and giving him a playful salute. He rolls his eyes and I walk out the door. Running to the gym, I open the door to bang into Steve.

"Oomph." I say, all the air whooshing out of my lungs.

"Sorry, you alright there?" He asks, holding the door open.

"Ya, sorry for not paying attention. See you later." I say, and I go over to where Clint and Natasha are training.

"HEY! Lover boy!" I shout, and Clint looks up at me.

"Duck!" I say, and he narrowly avoids Natasha's punch to the face. They stop and he walks over.

"Lover boy?" He questions, and I grin.

"Yep, since you are soooo sweet on Natasha." I tease and he stares at me in annoyance.

"Did you ask Fury?" He asks and I nod.

"Yep and he says you can spend as much time with me as you need." I say, throwing a wet towel in his face with a splat.

"Just let me get changed and we can be off." He replies, and I look at his training outfit.

"Whats wrong with what you are wearing now? Don't you want all the pretty girls eying you?" I ask, poking one of his arms.

"Not right now. I want to spend time with my little sister instead." He says, and I crinkle my nose at the little.

"Go change. You stink." I say, and walk over to Natasha.

"Aren't you going to change?" He calls, looking at my Asgardian dress.

"Why do you think I am going to Natasha? Now go shower." I shout back, and he grins.

"Naaaataaaashaaa." I say, dragging out her name. She turns to me, a small smile on her face.

"Yes Claire?" She asks, and I grin sheepishly.

"Can I borrow some clothes? I don't exactly want to go walking around New York in the fall in a dress." I say, and she hops off the training court.

"Come on, lets go ask Pepper. She has more clothes than I do. I don't think Barton would appreciate you walking around in a skintight leather suit." She teases, and I grin at the thought.

"No I don't think he would either." I say, and we walk to the "chill room" of the Helicarrier.

"Pepper, we have a girl emergency." Natasha says, poking her head in the room.

"Coming at once." Pepper replies, standing up from the sofa and coming over. Natasha explains my predicament and we head over to Pepper's room.

"This is nice." I say, looking around the small, cozy room. She nods.

"I am glad Fury was kind enough to give me my own room, even though I am not an Avenger." She says and opens her closet.

"How do you feel about red?" She asks, and I shrug.