III

Athena kept walking trying to think about the deer they saw earlier. She thought about the possibility of them being exposed to enough radiation to die but it doesn't matter they are on earth and that's what matters. Surviving. And now for that to happen they need food and water.

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after 97 years? What changed?" Finn spoke up after walking for a while.

"Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest" Octavia said grinning at Finn who just ignored her.

"Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or-" Monty starts but is interrupted by Clarke.

"It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying. At the current population level, there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone." 'Mum...'

They kept talking about the Ark when Athena noticed Octavia running somewhere so she followed to see a river and her taking her clothes off 'Women...'

"Octavia! What the hell are you doing?"

Athena chuckles and like the rest, she starts taking her clothes off. She barely put a foot in when she heard screams from Jasper.

"Oh... Octavia, get out of the water! Get out of the water now!" Something approached Octavia and took her through the water. She screamed as they shared confused and scared thoughts. Clarke threw a rock to distract the creature and with that, they started getting out Octavia.

Jasper went to grab Octavia and saved her. Athena saw a wound and gave a look to Clarke who ripped Jaspers shirt and gave the material to Thena so she could put pressure on the wound.

"Note to self, next time, save the girl"

><><><><><

"Boo" The little boy shouted at his friend's face.

"Jasper you scared me" The girl said hiding the items from her hand to her pocket.

"What are you doing?" He eyed curiously.

"I'll tell you if you help me find Monty, it's for you both." She offered.

"Okay I think I saw him last at our place" He thought.

"Alright let's go" She took Jasper's hand.

Both of the kids run through the ship earning complaints and yelling after they finally made it to an unused room.

"Monty?" The girl asked entering the place.

"Hey guys" He said from a corner peaking from his work. A simple circuit done by him entirely.

"Now show me!" Jasper turned to Athena.

"'Show me' what?" Monty asked now in front of the two.

"I made this" From the pocket of her jacket the 10-year-old took out three handmade bracelets and grinned proud of her work.

"Put it on, put it on, put it on!" Jasper whined signaling his wrist. Athena grabbed the blue bracelet and tied it around her friend's wrist.

"And here" She turned to Monty and tied the green bracelet to his wrist.

"Of course mine had to be green."

She giggled. "It's the colors of the earth"

"You're dirt." Jasper chuckled.

"I'm not dirt I'm ground" She defended.

"Uhh no, I am ground," Monty said showing his green bracelet. Jasper laughed loudly.

"No, no, no you are like plants or I trees I am ground"

"And grass so ground" Jasper laughed even louder.

"I'm sorry who made the bracelets?" Both boys started laughing making Athena break her fake angry face.

'Little did we know that those bracelets would accompany us all the way to the ground'

Athena opened her eyes to see a glowing butterfly right on her nose. She smiled, soft wind tickled her skin.

"Hey" Jasper's voice grabbed her attention.

"Hi" She said facing him.

"We missed you" He smiled and took her hand staring at the brown bracelet.

"I know, I did too" She stared at his blue bracelet.

><><><><><

Athena woke up smiling and the group continued their walk.

"So you got your eye on Octavia too?" Jasper bumped her shoulder grinning.

"Jasper please don't-"

"Hey may the best person win" He offered his hand? She shook it playfully.

'Stupid'

Soon they were on the side of a river where Finn was about to swing to. After murmuring, Jasper went and roughly landed on the other side.

He was still screaming with joy when the spear went through his body.