VII

Clarke arrived and with her the medicine. "I'll need boiled water" Athena said grabbing the bag where they put it.

"We brought a lot in case-"

"It's perfect Clarke, thank you" She smiled.

Commotion was formed outside since apparently, Atom had died because of the fog.

Athena carefully gave the medicine to Jasper in small amounts of water. As Clarke helped her, she apologized about Atom to Octavia earning a small smile.

"I guess we're gonna have to get used to people dying down here, aren't we? But not you. You hear me? You're not allowed to die." Octavia said to Jasper caressing his hair.

The group looked sad, waiting for good news. Finn felt guilty, he was the one that was supposed to cross the river. Monty was worried about Jasper's state and Athena's insomnia. And Athena breathed heavy and was uneasy around Jasper. Needless to say, none were okay.

"Give me some" Athena said after a whole of wondering whether it's good or not to drink the stuff Finn brought. She concluded on a no, it's not healthy, but well the situation did not help her curiosity.

"Can I, uh, get a hit of that, too?" Jasper murmurs making everyone stand up.

"Jasper!"

"Let's start with the soft stuff." Said Finn giving him water. "Welcome back, buddy." He smiled, they all did.

"Was that a dream or did I get speared?" Everyone laughed.

"You'll have a very impressive scar to prove it." Athena chuckled.

"My savior." Jasper grabbed her face and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for not dying. I don't think I could've taken that today." Clarke comments.

"I'll try not to die tomorrow, too, if that's cool. Oh, hello." Octavia smiled widely.

He fell asleep and for once everyone was eased.

><><><><><

Wells died. Grounders, they suspect. Clarke was crushed, she didn't hate him anymore. Athena felt pity for her as did everyone. No one besides Clarke really knew Wells, but he was good and deserved better. At least that's what Athena thought.

She was on the dropship making company to Monty when Clarke busted in saying she wanted to get her wristband off.

"Yes. I did it. It's still operational." Monty smiled at Athena and Clarke. Clarke nodded at him and walked where Finn was. She looked pissed talking to him and he seemed to be reasoning with her.

"We'll be talking to the Ark by nightfall." Athena smiled widely and messed with Monty's hair before leaving to find Clarke who had already left.

"You okay? I know we haven't spoken much but I worry about you. So if something's going on I'm here for you" She found Clarke with a pissed expression printed on her face.

"My mom was the one who told Jaha about my father, not Wells. And she let me blame him and then he died just after I found out" A tear slipped through her cheek.

"Wells was a good person and I'm sorry he died. And your mother, I don't know much, but I know she loves you and that maybe she did it for a reason. Let her explain don't be too quick to judge, okay?" She said stroking her hair with her fingers.

"Yeah"

"And hey, you're allowed to be mad" She smiled and walked away leaving Athena alone in front of Wells' grave. "I'll take care of her, don't worry. Rest."