XIV

After following Clarke's trail for a while through the forest until morning Bellamy, Athena, Raven and Jasper kneeled behind some trees watching the interactions. Suddenly horses appeared carrying grounders. One stepped down, a woman. She had black paint on her eyes and her hair was held by braids. Clarke and the woman talked for a while.

"Grounder princess looks pissed" Raven noted.

"One of our princesses has that effect" He said and glanced at Athena. "Your mother's a council member too right?"

"Yeah"

"Guys" Jasper warned.

"What?" Athena perked up.

"There's grounders on the trees" He looked through the trees. Athena and Raven searched the trees not finding grounders.

"What?"

"Where?"

"Are you sure?" Bellamy asked, anxiously scanning the trees.

"I don't see anything"

"Clarke run!" And with that Jasper fired. They all did. Athena too, she had to protect Clarke. She hit two. One in the head and the other on the chest. She could finally see them, they were disguised and hard to point.

The small group ran away after covering Clarke for a moment. After catching their breaths the group stood outside camp. Finn looked at Bellamy pissed.

"You got something to say?"

"Yeah, I told you no guns!" Finn yelled.

"I told you we couldn't trust the grounders, I was right!" Clarke chimed in.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to" Raven asked hurt. Athena took her hand on hers.

"I tried but you were too busy making bullets for your guns"

"You're lucky she brought that! They came there to kill you Finn!" Bellamy reasoned. They were all a yelling mess so Athena nudged at Raven and they entered camp.

They lay on Athena's bed talking for hours about nothing at all eventually falling asleep.

><><><><><

Athena woke up to the smell of metal near her. She git up and realized Raven was laying on her. She carefully moved her and stoop up. She found Clarke outside crying and she let her know about the Exodus ship.

Athena ran back to her tent, to Raven. She couldn't help but mourn her mum. She cried on Raven's lap for roughly a couple of hours while she stroked her wavy hair.

"It's okay, I'm here" With that Athena got up and looked teary-eyed into Raven's sad eyes. She couldn't bear having Athena sad, it pained her.

"Thank you Raven" Raven glanced between her eyes and lips eventually almost pulling her in.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't. I have to go inspect the Exodus ship" Raven got away and left quickly.

Athena wiped her tears and excited the tent pretending like everything was fine. Like always. Commotion was formed outside, Murphy is back and with him, something else.