XVI

"I ended things with Finn" Raven admitted after nagging Athena to leave her job for a minute to talk.

"Good, I'm happy for you" She smiled. Raven loved that smile and she was certain about it. She was going to tell Athena how she felt... Eventually.

"Yeah It was tough, I had been with him for as long as I can remember. It's weird picturing life without him." She rambled.

"Well you can still be friends, you care about each other and that's something valuable nowadays."

"It'd be kinda painful but I'll try."

"Fire!" The two of them ran out to see all the food on fire and Murphy fighting with Del.

"What are we gonna do now?" Octavia screamed at Bellamy. There was only one option.

"Now, we hunt"

><><><><><

"Ready?" Asked Eve. She had a spear on her hand and ration on her bag.

"Ready" Said in unison Murphy and Athena. The trio walked through the forest in silence until Eve spoke.

"So have you gone hunting before? She asked the other two.

"No" Replied Athena. She had not, she had been too busy with her own job.

"I have" Said Murphy. He usually went when he was in Bellamy's gang. Athena looked at him seeing Murphy with a sad and fearing expression.

"I hope you can stay Murphy." She said now smiling at Murphy.

"You don't hold me accountable for... You know? He asked guiltily. Eve listening quiet to the conversation.

"No, I believe it wasn't only your fault" She held Murphy's stare until he smiled.

The trio arrived to a nearby lake and fished till the sun came down. But something was wrong. Clarke, Finn and Myles were missing.

><><><><><

In between placing mines and helping guard the 100 were exhausted. Finn, Monty and Clarke we're nowhere to be seen. They had gone searching for them and Monty never came back. Athena helped Raven place fox holes when a fire of a gun ran through everybody's ears.

"Hey, what the hell's the matter with you?" Bellamy yelled at the boy who shot the gun. He looked confused and guilty apologising repeatedly.

"Im sorry man I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day"

"We've all been on watch all day" He yelled taking the boy by the collar of his shirt. "That bullet was one less dead grounder"

"Bell, you're scaring people" Octavia tried to calm him down but there's no use.

"They should be scared!" He let the boy go. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke Finn and Monty are gone, probably dead" Athena took Jaspers hand. "And if you wanna be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp, this camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work." He sighed. He was tired they all were. Of missing their friends. Of working. Of surviving.

Athena entered the tent, having shed some tears for Monty, she came with a cup of water for Myles when she saw Murphy pointing at Jasper with a gun.

"You try to be a hero Athena and Jasper die!" He screamed while closing the dropship. 'Oh, boy'