IV

"Boo" The little boy shouted at his friend's face.

"Jasper you scared me" The girl said hiding the items from her hand to her pocket.

"What are you doing?" He eyed curiously.

"I'll tell you if you help me find Monty, it's for you both." She offered.

"Okay I think I saw him last at our place" He thought.

"Alright let's go" She took Jasper's hand.

Both of the kids run through the ship earning complaints and yelling after they finally made it to an unused room.

"Monty?" The girl asked entering the place.

"Hey guys" He said from a corner peaking from his work. A simple circuit done by him entirely.

"Now show me!" Jasper turned to Athena.

"'Show me' what?" Monty asked now in front of the two.

"I made this" From the pocket of her jacket the 10 year old took out three handmade bracelets and grinned proud of her work.

"Put it on, put it on, put it on!" Jasper whined signaling his wrist. Athena grabbed the blue bracelet and tied it around her friend's wrist.

"And here" She turned to Monty and tied the green bracelet to his wrist.

"Of course mine had to be green."

She giggled. "It's the colors of the earth"

"You're dirt." Jasper chuckled.

"I'm not dirt I'm ground" She defended.

"Uhh no, I am ground," Monty said showing his green bracelet. Jasper laughed loudly.

"No, no, no you are like plants or I trees I am ground"

"And grass so ground" Jasper laughed even louder.

"I'm sorry who made the bracelets?" Both boys started laughing making Athena break her fake angry face.

'Little did we know that those bracelets would accompany us all the way to the ground'

Athena woke up smiling and the group continued their walk. Soon they were on the side of a river where Finn was about to swing to. After murmuring Jasper went and roughly landed on the other side.

He was screaming with joy when the spear went through his body.

><><><><><

They run frightened through the woods.

Athena's eyes teared up. She grabbed Monty's hand as they run, he looked at her sympathetically and accidentally fell, the others hurried him up but he hesitated while looking forward. Athena followed his eyes to see what looked to be human bones. 'We are definitely not alone'

"Who are they?" Finn sighed. Clarke bent down to grab a skull that lay there too.

"What are they?" Clarke wondered watching closely at the skull.

"We are so screwed" Octavia said with worry.

Then they heard it. Jasper's scream. Athena's tears stopped coming out as she sprinted towards the sound. Her breathing got heavier as she got near. 'Be positive'

"Wait! Thena!" They run after her.

"He's alive!"

"Wait, be careful" Monty said grabbing Athena's arm. "No, where is he?" There was no one where he was.

'They took him'

After the long trek, they made it back to see Wells with a knife to Murphy's throat and an excited crowd.

"Wells!" Clarke yelled and the dark-skinned boy switched his attention. "Let him go!" And so he did.

Bellamy run to Octavia noticing her leg and anxiously asked what happened.

"Where's the food?" He asked now with Octavia leaning on him.

Finn hesitated but spoke. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather"

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy yelled back at the lack of information. Athena looked at him and chimed in.

"We were attacked" The crowd gave confused glances

"Attacked? By what?" Wells looked at Clarke, concern filling his eyes.

Athena looked at Monty. "We are going after him" She whispered.

"Damn right we will" He took her hand and looked back at the group.

"It's true everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors." Murmurs surround the crowd but Clarke is quick to speak. "The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us"

"Yeah, the bad news is the grounders will" Finn comments. 'So much for being positive'

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Asked Wells looking between them. Athena squeezed Monty's hand.

"Jasper was hit. They took him." Athena spoke up.

"Where is your wristband?" Clarke grabbed Wells' hand.

"Ask him" Wells said glaring at Bellamy.

"How many?"

"Twenty-four and counting." Murphy grins proudly.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" She explained pissed.

"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same?" The crowd looked between them. "We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy exclaimed to the now cheering crowd. 'We are dead'