VIII

A finger. Jasper found a finger. Wells' finger. And a knife J.M it marked. John Murphy.

"The grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us."

"So, there's a murderer in the camp?" 'More than one but yeah'

"There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Bellamy looked at Clarke who held the knife.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke demanded when Bellamy blocked the way out

"Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved... the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us."

"Oh, good for you, you mean. What?... keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?"

"Yeah. That's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do... just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is." He reasoned.

"Oh, really? J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." She walked out.

Caos former and soon enough John Murphy was about to be hanged. Athena watched it evolve in shock. She gasped as Bellamy kicked the box.

><><><><><

After the events, Charlotte's suicide and Murphy's banishment, the air was tense. Everyone had mixed feelings. Right now Athena was watching Monty work among Clarke, Octavia, Finn and Jasper.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Clarke asked Monty.

"No. More like morse code." He answered "You want to do the honors?? That port right there." He said to Jasper. He with a goofy smile did it, but something went wrong.

"What happened?" 'Shit'

"It didn't work. I think we fried all the wristbands." Athena hugged Monty from behind.

Later on they both saw Octavia kiss Jasper. They smile at him and bothered him the rest of the night.

Athena was now watching the stars with Octavia who surprisingly shared quite a lot about her life to Athena who shared to about hers.

"We would have been good friends if we had met at the Ark."

"Oh I don't know about that you'd get bored of me." Athena laughed which made Octavia laugh too.

"I would not. I will not. Promise?"

"Promise" They giggled like little girls. Octavia hadn't felt this alive in a long time. She knew they were gonna be friends. Good ones.

They looked back up to the sky to see a shooting star bi it was moving. "That's not a star"

><><><><><

"Bellamy get out here! There" She pointed to his brother when he arrived

"They are coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounded ass." Jones commented

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo" 'Girl, you kidding me?'

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia said to Bellamy.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light; pass the word." 'What the hell?'

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." She tried to reason but failed.

"I said we wait till sunrise." Athena looked at him uneasily.

"Bellamy, she's right we should go now before the grounders get to it."

"It's too dangerous"

Athena followed Octavia out and bumped into Clarke and Finn. Fox arrived at the same time.

"Did you guys see that? You know it's from the Ark, right? It had to be."

"Grab your stuff. Let's find out."

"Bellamy said we're gonna wait until sunrise." Fox said smiling at them.

"Where is he?" Fox stood silent. Clarke and Finn entered Bellamy's tent.

"Thena you're coming, come on" Clarke said when they got out.

"Okay, Eve I'll be right back."

"Should we split up?" Athena asked after running through the woods for a while.

"Yeah. You go that way with Clarke."

"Okay."

"I'll check the bottom."

"Okay."

After running for a while they find a pod. Clarke opens the door to see a beautiful girl with brown eyes and long brown hair tied in a ponytail. She had blood on their face.

"Oh, my God!" Clarke exclaimed

"What is it?" Asked Athena.

"Hi. I made it?" An unfamiliar voice made it to Athena's ears.

The girl stepped out of the dropship. And looked straight to Athena's eyes. Athena looks away quickly fighting the urge to meet those brown eyes again. 'Bi panic, bi panic, bi panic'

Raven is here to meet Finns but does he want to meet hers?

"Hi" Raven smiled she debated whether on getting near the girl in front of her or settling on just looking into her eyes.

"H-hello" Athena looked up again.

"Raven!" Finn screamed. 'He knows her'

"Finn!" She hugged him. "I knew you couldn't be dead."

"You're bleeding." He hesitated.

"I don't care." She kissed him. Athena looked at Clarke who looked more than betrayed, she knew Finn and her had something. Athena ran to her with something to put pressure with while Fin and Clarke talked.

"Thanks. What's your name" Asked Raven after Athena put pressure where she was bleeding.

"Athena but-"

"Wait you're the medicine thief. Now I know where I knew those eyes. They are beautiful." She whispered the last part which made Athena go red as a tomato.

"This is Clarke. She was on the dropship too." Finn said when he neared with Clarke

"Clarke? This was all because of your mom."

"My mom?" 'Auntie?'

"This was all her plan. We were trying to come down here together. If we waited-- Oh, my God. We couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air." 'Oh my god'

"A- when?"

"Today. We have to tell them you're alive." They ran to the ship.

"The radio's gone. It must've gotten loose during reentry. I should've strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!" She hit the pod in frustration.

"No, no, this is my fault. Someone got here before us. We have to find him."