Part 4

i started getting ready for the day quite early, i wanted ask harry if i could work as a barmaid, i needed money if i was going to live by myself. I brushed my hair, braided it and wore a white knee length skirt and a light blue blouse, i never wore makeup but i put a little on because i wanted to look presentable, even though Harry had seen my nearly passed out drunk. It was around 8:30 so everyone was already doing business, i walked out the front door seeing john walking back to the house, "Morning Sophie" The Pick in Johns mouth made his words muffled, " Morning John", i said confidently, äs he walked past me i heard him stop walking, he caught up to me with a confused face, "Why are you dressed up at" he looked at his watch, "8:35 in the morning, and have you got Makeup on?" john questioned, I looked up at him with a smile, " im asking Harry for a job as a Barmaid, i need money and it would give me something to do" i answered, he gave me a little smirk, "Soph he is going to give you the job, you know that right?" John looked at me and placed his hands on my shoulders, "yeah i know, i mean who could say no to me" i let out a small laugh and continued walking to the Garrison.

"Morning Harry!" i called out from the door, "Eh Morning Sophie, why are you dressed up?" Harry asked, " Well funny you ask that" i made my way to a stool, "I need a job, you know like a barmaid, you know i can handle drunks and everyone Loves me" i said with a smile, harry laughed, which made me question if i would get the job, "Sophie are you sure you want to work here, there's some messed up people that come here and they can get pretty angry?'' harry stated, I looked at harry with shocked face, like how did he not believe me, i can handle drunks well, " i can handle it i'm sure" i said with a smile, harry thought for a second and then nodded, "Sure you can work here, i'll need the help anyway, you can start tonight 7pm okay" harry announced, I squealed, i lent over the bar and hugged harry, "Thanks Harry i knew you would say yes" He laughed and shook his head, I ran out of the bar to the Shelbys house. I was greeted by John Reading the paper, "How did" before he could finish i butted in, "I got the Job, i start at 7 Tonight! i'm going to be making money!" john stood up and hugged me, when he hugged me i calmed down quite quickly, just something about his hugs make me calm, and him in general, gives me butterflies.

Around 6:30 i started to get ready for my first night as a barmaid, i changed into a black Skirt and a grey blouse, i didn't wear makeup, i knew it was going to be a big night so i didn't want to have makeup rubbing off. as i was putting my perfume on, finn came down with a bottle of whiskey, "hey ! want to drink?", i turned to him with a sorry face, "Sorry Finn i have work, i got a job at the Garrison as a Barmaid!" i said excitedly, Finn looked at me with Furrowed eyebrows, "When did you get the job, and when where you going to tell me?" Finn asked, i looked at him, "Sorry i um just forgot i guess, i really have to go" i apologized, as i was leaving with finn behind me, john came from upstairs, "Ready for your first shift!" john called out, my face froze, i knew finn would lose it, instead of listening to Finn i responded happily, "Yep Super Excited!", Finn's eyes kept going back and forth from John to me, "You told JOHN before me!" Finn yelled, "Im sorry, he was the first person i saw when i got back i just forgot to tell you, i really have to go" i hurried out the door, john followed. " I didn't mean to start shit, i just thought he knew too, im sorry" john looked at me with Sorry eyes, i knew he didn't mean it, "i know John, i have to speak to him, he has been weird lately, like it's just about me getting a job" i scoffed, john placed his arm around me as we walked to the garrison, i was already late, but i didn't care. "Your late on your shift Miss Hansley" Harry yelled, which he had to it was so loud, " I know just family drama" i called back, he looked at me and shook his head, " alright just start getting whiskey and shit ready okay" i nodded towards harry, and looked over at john who was mocking Harry, i had to cover my mouth to not laugh.

i finished my shift around 11, it was pretty cruisy, john stayed the whole time, making sure he was there to walk me home, as i walked out the door with john he started asking questions about how my shift was and i just said alright to most of them, i was so tired. when we got inside the house, john walked down to the basement with me, i didn't know why and i didn't really care, i just wanted some whiskey, while john looked at me concerned, "Are you alright, you seem off, and don't say your tired because i know there's more to it" John asked, i looked up from the dusty ground, "I don't know, Finn is acting weird, everytime im around you he gets all weird and angry, i told him i wouldn't sleep with you, but its like he doesn't believe me" johns face went pink, he rubbed the back of his neck, i smirked, i didn't know what to say, "Sorry that came out weird, haha" i said awkwardly, " its fine i know what your trying to say, have a good night Sophie" he started to walk off, " wait " i ran over to hug him, i didn't know why i just wanted a hug, " Thanks for walking me home" i let go and have him a kiss on the cheek, he smirked and left up the stairs, i could feel my face starting to glow pink, and headed straight to bed.