Part 13

Christmas was fun and there was no business but boxing day came and everything went back to normal again. 

"John! up Quick we have business!" Thomas yelled coming up the stairs, i groaned as he stomped into the room, "John Hurry!" Tommy rushed, i don't even think it was 7 in the morning yet. John rushed to put on his suit, "I will be back tonight, love you" John hurried and placed a kiss on my lips and ran out the house. 

around 9 am i headed over to the Shelbys to see Polly. "Morning Pol" i greeted, she looked up from the paper, "Oh thank goodness your here! we need help taking bets today, we are short staffed" Polly explained, i had never really got involved in the shelbys Business, but i knew what they did, "Um sure i can help" i offered, Polly sat up and gestured for me to follow her. She showed me to a desk covered in books and cash, "Alright all you have to do is take bets and hand change to the ones that need it, okay?" Polly explained, i lifted my eyebrows, "It should be easy", Polly nodded and headed to her desk, i counted the change on the table and waited for the doors to open. 

once Polly had closed the Rink it was around 3pm and the boys weren't back yet but i was too distracted by counting money. I counted everything up, wrote it down and gave it to polly to put in the safe. "Here have this luv, for helping today" Polly handed me 20 pounds, "Oh, pol its fine keep it" i insisted, she shook her head, "We have heaps of money luv, just take the money, i swear it's nothing" polly added, i sighed and took the money. i had a cup of tea with polly before heading home around 4:30. 

when i got inside my house i realized how messy it was, considering John and i are like children, but it was a pig sty. i started cleaning up the kitchen, washing dishes, wiping the bench and putting dishes away, then i moved to the Dinning/living room, i checked the time it read 5:40. i grabbed all the dirty washing and just chucked it in a corner, i really hated washing clothes, i didn't realize how much whiskey we drank until i saw a large box nearly full of empty bottles. i had finished cleaning downstairs around 7 and john still wasn't home, nearly 12 hours he had been gone, instead of waiting around i cooked myself dinner, just some plain boring soup, but that's really all i could make anyway. i sat at the table and ate my dinner in peace with a side of whiskey, after eating i made a bath and relaxed, it was around 9pm when i was getting ready for bed but i started to worry about John. 

around 11 i heard the front door burst open, i sat up in bed and headed downstairs, john was stumbling into the kitchen, at first i thought he was drunk but when he turned around he was pretty beaten up. "Shit John what the fuck happened!" i rushed to him sitting him on a chair, "Nothing just got into a little fight but im fine, i swear" John whined. i grabbed some whiskey on a rag and started whipping his cuts.

 "Have you got any other injuries anywhere else? actually just take your clothes off" after i had said it i knew John would say something snarky, "That desperate, eh?" John joked. i let out a little chuckle and started unbuttoning his shirt, there were a couple bruises on his side and stomach but nothing major, "Geez John how many guys did you fight ?" i was concerned, i looked up to him, he shrugged and pulled me into his lap by my waist, "Seriously, i'm trying to help you" i smirked, "Doesn't this make it easier?" John had a smirk across his face, it actually did help but i didn't tell him that, instead i just shook my head. 

i finished cleaning his face and listening to him whining.  "fuck im tired, you coming to bed?'' i asked, John started to light a smoke, "Yeah, just gonna finish this luv then i'll be up", i headed up the stairs and fell straight asleep, i was woken slightly by john lying next to me and wrapping his arms around me.                                                                                                                                 

This Chapter is kinda boring

when i wrote it i didn't have any ideas