Part 10

The Autumn air was filled with smoke, like usual, but John had to go away to london with Tommy and Arthur for Business, john told me it was just a meeting but i know its more than that. i never really force John to tell me about Business because i know he wouldn't tell me anyway, but also because i would rather not know what trouble he was getting into.

i arrived back to the Shelby's Tommy, Arthur and john had just finished their meeting, "Afternoon Boys" i had to hide my sadness, i couldn't hang out with finn because he was always busy with Annie, and John was going away. John and i started dating in july, and this is the first time he has left town for business, i didn't know what to do with myself. John and i headed down to the basement to spend our last night together, and yes i'm over exaggerating, but it's my first time dealing with him being away. "Sophie, if you don't want me to go with Tommy and Arthur, i can say that i can't go?", i could tell john didn't mean it, "what, no you have to go, just because im going to miss you, it's just 1 night" i lied, i loved him too much to lose him and i didnt know what they were going to do in london, "Come on let's head to bed, you have a big day tomorrow" i smiled taking John's Hand and going to bed, he held me the same way he did every night, holding me tight so i felt safe.

i woke up Early, i didn't want to sleep in because i know john doesn't wake me up. i slowly unwrapped myself from Johns Grip and slid out of bed and up to the kitchen to get coffee. I got up the stairs and Tommy was sitting at the table sipping his coffee and reading the paper, " Morning Sophie" tommy greeted, " Morning Tom, why are you up so early?" i asked, Tommy looked up from his paper, "Shouldn't i ask you the same question", he replied, i frowned, and grabbed my coffee and sat across from Tom, i sighed "Can you make sure John Stays safe, Please?" i didn't want to ask but i just had to,"Calm down Soph, it's just a meeting, he will be fine, Maybe a couple cuts and bruises but he should be fine", Tommys words didn't fill me with confidence, i rolled my eyes and headed back downstairs. i sat staring at the wall, worried as Fuck about what might happen, i sat there for a couple hours, only until John got up. "Morning Luv" John yawned, "Morning" my response was dry, "Sophie i will be fine, i swear, it's just a meeting, i will come back", i turned around on the couch, "Well that's what your Dad said and he didn't come back did he!" i knew i went over the line, John Shook his head, "I'm not going to leave with us fighting okay, it's one night i will be back by tomorrow morning, 12 at the latest, i promise" John reassured me, i hopped off the couch to give him a hug, i felt bad for acting like a brat, "Sorry, i'm just not used to this stuff" i apologised. we hugged for a bit then headed up for breakfast.

John had loaded his bag in the car i stood in the door frame watching like a war widow, John came over and pushed me inside and against the wall, "Alright i will be back okay Luv, its 1 night, i love you okay", i smirked, we shared a passionate kiss but Arthur had to ruin the moment, "Come on Johnny boy, you can fuck her when we get back", Arthur and tommy laugh at the joke that everyone heard, "i love you", before i could respond he had already rushed out the door to the car.

i had a coffee to calm me down and decided to head upstairs to see if Finn was in his room, to my surprise he was. "hey Finn!" i called from the Door, he looked over and smiled, "What are you doing?" i asked, hoping he was free, "Well i'm doing nothing with a little bit of nothing" he joked, i chuckled, "Well your stuck with me until John gets back..ok" i demanded, Finn laughed, "Sure whats wrong with that", "great i'll get the Whiskey", Finn looked at me with wide eyes but shrugged any way. I got down the stairs to the Whiskey Cabinet trying to find the perfect whiskey to fix my Nerves. I got up to Finn's room with the glasses in one hand and the Whiskey in the other, Finn opened the bottle and poured our whiskey, after shooting down the whole cup i sighed, "Are they actually at a meeting Finn?", i wanted an honest answer, "I have no idea, they never tell me anything" Finn complained, "Well let's drink to not being told anything i guess" I toasted, We clinked our glasses and continued drinking.