❖ Hanma // Protect ❖

Y/N is Kisaki's sibling in this. Dw I hate him too. It's only for Hanma. This story high key sucks but I was just thinking about how Hanma is literally like a leech on Kisaki lmao

Y/N is also the same age as Kisaki so 14 I think?
Warnings: death

! CHAPTER 185 SPOILER WARNING !
---

You were laying on your bed, bored out of your mind and wondering when your dead beat brother would return home. Usually, his tall friend would also tag along. You were actually quiet fond of his friend. From the times that he came over, you 2 had act gotten to know each other and even formed a friendship with one another. Though the said male friend, while his attempts were futile, tried not to get too attached.

"UgH, he should be home by now. Even though hes annoying, it's better than being in this house talking to myself all the time"

You said aloud to no one. You couldn't stand the silence, so you lifted yourself from the bed and put on a jacket, before heading down stairs to put your shoes on. You quietly exited the house and locked the door, with the spare key in your pocket. You then went on your way out into the streets.

Feeling the night breeze hit your skin was refreshing and it calmed your nerves. To your surprise, it was fairly silent. No sounds of motorbikes through the city, no car horns, no people bantering or kids yelling. Just relaxing peace. You knew Kisaki had some sort of gang fight tonight, but you didn't think it would take him this long to get home. When you left the house, it was already 1:27 am. Honestly, even if your brother cared very little about your well-being, you couldn't help but be the slightest bit worried for him.

Did something happen to him? Is he ok? Is something just holding him up?

Thoughts raced through your head as you continued to walk farther from your home. The worst outcomes began to course through which made you even more worried, wondering if you'd see your brother once more.

After a while, you had walked onto an empty road that was dimly lit by the street lights. You weren't paying that much attention to your surroundings, until a black silhouette in the distance caught your attention. You thought it was probably just a homeless person or a garbage bag that someone left because they were too lazy to throw it away.

But since you weren't sure of what it was, your heart began to beat faster.

What if it's someone dangerous? Am I gonna die tonight? I didn't want to die like this

You thought as your walking pace began to quicken, wanting to get past the figure quickly just in case. However, all of your negative thoughts were relieved when you saw the familiar face of a certain tall male with tattoos on the back of his hands.

".. Hanma?"

You muttered as you stopped in front of him. He turned to you with a lost and empty look on his face. His hair was messed up, and his face was covered in bruises and blood. Your eyes widened at the sight and immediately crouched down beside him, holding his shoulders.

"Hanma!?? What happened? Where's Kisaki??"

You asked in a panic as you inspected his injuries. The tall male weakly grabbed your wrists. You were confused at his actions, but before you could question anything, he pulled you into a hug. You took a moment to process what he was doing, before wrapping your arms around him and returning the gesture.

"Hanma,, what happened tonight?"

You whispered in his ear. Right after asking however, you could feel him trembling and heard light sobbing. You tried to pull away from his embrace to look at him, but he only tightened his hold on you. Since he didn't seem to be in a state to talk, you just held him. The 2 of you stayed in that position for a few minutes in the comfortable silent night.

"Kisaki.."

Hanma uttered which made your heart pound in your chest, not prepared for what ever news he had in store for you. He pulled away while his arms were still wrapped around you as he avoided your gaze.

"Kisaki's dead."

The male stated, right to the point. Your eyes widened in shock as your lips started to quiver. Warm tears then streamed down your cheeks, not believing what you heard.

"Y-you're kidding, right? Kisaki's just messing with me like he always does,, right..?"

You asked in a shaky voice, praying that it was just a joke. But Hanma's silence and empty expression told a different story. You covered your mouth to muffle your cries as you leaned your head onto his shoulder and sobbed your eyes out.

While Kisaki was a terrible brother, you never stopped caring for him. He was family, and you were always there for him. Even when he didn't return the gesture. You kept thinking that it had to be a dream, but it was all too real. You were only snapped back to reality when Hanma gently stroked your head to comfort you.

"He can't be... I don't believe it.. "

You mumbled while still crying. Hanma thought it was best to not say anything. He continued to pat your head while you sobbed into his shoulder.

"I will protect you from now on."

The tall male whispered in her ear as his arms wrapped around her once more, pulling her closer.

End

This was short. High key sucked and ooc but oh well