♠︎ Ran // Don't judge a book ♠︎

Annabelle lookin ass-

Anyway-

Ran's chill I guess. Not my favorite, but he's pretty cool and I still simp for him

I'm making up some random names as your friends and they shall be Eiko, Hitomi, and Aoi

Warnings: none

Fem reader

---

The bell rang and everyone began getting up to go eat lunch. You and your friends had a designated spot where you ate lunch so you met up with them there.

Your little 'hideout' as you liked to call it, was on the 3rd floor by a window ledge that was wide enough to sit on. You and your friends would always sit there to eat since it was quiet and nobody really ever came by that way. Very rarely did any students walk by it.

You were enjoying your onigiri, not really paying attention to what Eiko was talking about.

"Don't you think, Y/N?"

Eiko asked, turning to you. Looking up with a confused face, you hummed and raised a brow.

"You weren't even listening were you?"

She sighed as her head shook in disappointment. You rubbed your nape nervously and looked away, not answering her.

"We were thinking of going to that karaoke place down town after school. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Aoi asked with a toothy grin. You hummed as you thought about it.

"Sure. My parents aren't home anyway."

You replied with a shrug, before continuing to munch on your food.

"Oi, there's someone down the hall"

Hitomi said, pointing down the hallway at a tall figure approaching. You squinted your eyes ever so slightly to get a better look and you could see a male with long braids and 2 toned hair.

"It's Ran. What's he doing here?"

Eiko scoffed as her eyes furrowed, glaring at the male. As he got closer, he noticed you and your friends all staring at him. Though your friends had some very unwelcoming expressions. But you just had this blank look on your face, almost like you were lost. He gave you a small wave and lightly smiled at you, to which you returned the gesture. He walked past you all and turned the corner. You then heard a groan come from Eiko.

"Ugh, that guys is such a douche"

She said, leaning back against the window and crossing her arms while letting out a huff of annoyance. You raise a brow in confusion and turn to her.

"What do you mean?"

You questioned before finishing the rest of your lunch. Hitomi shook her head and let out a sigh.

"Haven't you heard of all the rumors? Jeez keep up Y/N"

She replied, not really giving you an answer to your question.

"My apologies that I don't go sticking my nose in other people's business"

You said sarcastically as you rolled your eyes.

"Well even if you don't, you should at least know to stay away from him. He's a player and sleeps around with any girl who confesses to him"

Hitomi continued on. You were beginning to get annoyed but didn't bother to say anything.

"So? That's what you say about every guy who isn't interested in relationships"

You retorted. Aoi let out a sigh and rested her hand on your shoulder.

"But Y/N, he's a delinquent. He's in a gang and it would be dangerous to be around him. Don't be so friendly with him. This is for your sake"

Aoi gave you a sympathetic look. You groaned and stood up from the window ledge while grabbing your bag and throwing it over your shoulder.

"You guys are so judgemental, and of what? Of someone you've never even interacted with? Get to know someone before you decide what kind of person they are. See you guys tomorrow."

You glared at your group of friends, before walking away and leaving them dumbfounded. Now you were rethinking being friends with them. You turned the corner of the hallway and let out a very audible groan of annoyance as you held the side of your head.

"Thanks for defending me"

You slightly jumped at the low voice and quickly whipped your head around to see the male with braids, leaning against the wall with a lazy smile on his face.

"I wasn't defending you, I was being a decent person"

You replied in a monotone voice, to which the male chuckled at. He put his hand out for you to shake.

"Haitani Ran"

He introduced.

"So I've heard"

You replied, taking his hand.

"That's the part where you tell me your name darling"

Ran chuckled once more. You gave him a skeptical look and furrowed your eyes.

"Darling? Where did that come from? I don't even know you"

You said, pulling your hand away and crossing your arms.

"Then let's get to know each other. It doesn't seem like you like your current friends, right?"

He asked with a smirk. You sighed and stood there thinking for a moment, before turning and walking away again.

"I'm good, thanks. Have a good life"

You waved your hand, not bothering to look back at him. Ran watched as your figure became smaller in the distance, until you were completely out of view.

"What a weird girl."

The male thought as a smile made its way to his lips.

You knew it was a bad idea to engage with him in the first place because he'd probably begin to bug you everyday. But what you didn't know, was that this was just the beginning of a very long and messy relationship.

End

Just a short story I came up with during class (: