✿ Chifuyu // Overworked ✿

I literally hate myself. I was so sensitive at work today for no reason. Like my boss teases and lightheartedly makes fun of me and I'm usually totally fine with it, but today I don't even know what happened but I cried when I got home.

✨ So this is basically just a vent lol ✨

Also disclaimer that none of the things in this oneshot are things that my boss has actually said to me, it was just how my dumbass brain interpreted it today. Also I'm making Y/N work at a movie theater bc why not. It's a stressful job that I'm glad I've never worked at before

Warnings: implied episodes of dissociation

Fem reader

-

"Jeez can't you do anything right??"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.."

"You just have to screw something up don't you?"

"I'll get new ones, I'm so-"

"Just forget it. The shift is almost over anyway"

The words of your boss repeated in your head as you continued to clean up the place.

You were spacing out during your shift to the point where your hand mindlessly knocked over all the cups. You had screwed up at least 3 times within the last hour of your 4 hour long shift.

For some reason that you couldn't figure out, you felt disconnected. It was like you were in reality for a moment, and then you weren't. Like you weren't actually there. You were just watching through a first person view.

Everything felt numb. It was as if you couldn't control your body for a minute. Like you weren't real.

It was only until you dropped the cup of popcorn you were bringing over to a customer, that you'd snapped back into reality.

While that sort of thing happened every so often, there was this feeling of guilt and embarrassment that overwhelmed you even though you and your co-workers had all done that before.

You shook your head once you realized you were zoning out and finished wiping down the counter.

"Hey Y/N you ready to go?"

Your co-worker asked as she came up to you with your jacket and bag. You nodded in reply and took your belongings from her hands.

The 2 of you walked out of the building and headed to her car. You stepped into the passenger seat and she stepped into the drivers. The car then vibrated as it started up, before she drove off.

You leaned your head back against the seat and stared out of the window at the moon.

-

"Oh my god seriously? Did she really just drop that? Ugh this is why teenagers shouldn't be hired in places like this"

A comment from a customer replayed in your mind. It wasn't like you didn't get customers like that every now and then, but you couldn't shake it off today. There was something about every interaction you had today that just lingered in your mind. Why?

Why was something that you'd normally just brush off and ignore, suddenly bother you do much today? Why was it suddenly the end of the world if you messed up? Why did you care so much?

Nobody is perfect, so why did you put that expectation on yourself? Everything about today just felt off for no reason.

"Hey Y/N, this is your stop"

Your co-worker informed you, making you get your head out of the clouds.

You thanked her before exiting the car and walking up to your doorstep. With a heavy sigh, you unlocked the door and stepped inside.